Sign in to follow this  

quick question...wana know if i got my moneys worth

bought a 2003 overstock 450 sx for 2000$...friend of the family is who i got it from. he said he payed 5200 for it back in 2004 when he bought it off a cop who got it when it was brand new. it has after markit front shocks on it and came with a light kit. just wana make sure i got my moneys worth and didnt get ripped...on the few test rides i did it seems fine but ill post more info as i get to ride the bike more and harder down at my camp....this is the same bike iv been asking for info on parts in other topics.

also just wanted to say that i am now a ktm man i guess you can say... for the last 8 years iv been riding honda xrs and ever sence iv used a friends ktm one weekend i always wanted a ktm so now i got one :)

A Good clean 03 450SX is worth the 2k.

My mentality would be if I could get an 07' with the new chassis for say....$3200?

But for 2K you got a good motorcycle.

Keep the valves adjusted, air filter clean and the oil changed.....

And you're gold.

A Good clean 03 450SX is worth the 2k.

My mentality would be if I could get an 07' with the new chassis for say....$3200?

But for 2K you got a good motorcycle.

Keep the valves adjusted, air filter clean and the oil changed.....

And you're gold.

i just found out today that the orignl owner who had it street legal had a speedometer//tackometer//after markit exhaust//kickstand// on it but he took it off when he made it a pure trail bike b4 selling to my friend that i bougt it off of...he downgraded back to the stock stuff by taking off the speedometer//puting back the stock exhust//kickstand//tachometer...everything that i need to rebuy at around 1g to make it street legal again...only thing i hate bout it : /

i just found out today that the orignl owner who had it street legal had a speedometer//tackometer//after markit exhaust//kickstand// on it but he took it off when he made it a pure trail bike b4 selling to my friend that i bougt it off of...he downgraded back to the stock stuff by taking off the speedometer//puting back the stock exhust//kickstand//tachometer...everything that i need to rebuy at around 1g to make it street legal again...only thing i hate bout it : /

baja designs d/s kit for $490 https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=121300OG

and get any kinda trail tech computer, i'm sure you can find an endurance for pretty cheap, and the stator. hardly 1g

probably around 750, plus tires, forgot about those

what do you need a stater for? its got a kickstart right?

estarter is gana help alot when i make it street legal again trust me...not gana get a estarter 4 a while though

my friend rides his dually XR600 around everywhere. its kick only, and he has to do the whole compression release procedure when he does it.

650 is alot, I would just roll my bike down the road and hop on it, pop the clutch.

my friend rides his dually XR600 around everywhere. its kick only, and he has to do the whole compression release procedure when he does it.

650 is alot, I would just roll my bike down the road and hop on it, pop the clutch.

i live in new york...no hills or good roads to roll down

i live in new york...no hills or good roads to roll down

alright, but I've been to new york, that is no place to be riding a dirt bike around, so many cars, with so many anger-filled pakistani drivers:eek:

but you probably don't live in time square :D but if you did... :)

good luck bro

alright, but I've been to new york, that is no place to be riding a dirt bike around, so many cars, with so many anger-filled pakistani drivers:eek:

but you probably don't live in time square :worthy: but if you did... 👍

good luck bro

i love how when you say you live in new york ppl always think nyc...i live in niagara falls new york...and i ride in allagany and on the res :busted:

i love how when you say you live in new york ppl always think nyc...i live in niagara falls new york...and i ride in allagany and on the res 👍

New york is both a city and a state... I had a good hunch that if you lived in a congested city, you probably wouldn't have much use for a dirt bike.

I was just busting your chops. I liked NY, thats a real cool city. but that city has the 2nd worst, next to london, drives I have ever seen. no offense:p

Cali comes close when it rains, good so many people just need to stay inside.

New york is both a city and a state... I had a good hunch that if you lived in a congested city, you probably wouldn't have much use for a dirt bike.

I was just busting your chops. I liked NY, thats a real cool city. but that city has the 2nd worst, next to london, drives I have ever seen. no offense:p

Cali comes close when it rains, good so many people just need to stay inside.

here in the falls there is nowhere to ride a dirtbike eather unless u goout more towords wheatfeild and stuff where there are small farms and stuff but i mainly ride out of the city or on indian res...i mostly ride down at my camp in PA and if u stall out on the right hill there its rly steep and kickstarting can be almost impossible...last time i stalled going up was when i hit a wet rock and almost power slid cuz of the slick rocks..to kickstart it i had to get off and kick start w/ my left leg lol...but a e-starter will pay off 4in the long run if i get one lol

here in the falls there is nowhere to ride a dirtbike eather unless u goout more towords wheatfeild and stuff where there are small farms and stuff but i mainly ride out of the city or on indian res...i mostly ride down at my camp in PA and if u stall out on the right hill there its rly steep and kickstarting can be almost impossible...last time i stalled going up was when i hit a wet rock and almost power slid cuz of the slick rocks..to kickstart it i had to get off and kick start w/ my left leg lol...but a e-starter will pay off 4in the long run if i get one lol

well, you got the 400 right? I could only find a kit for the 450/525

but its far from 650... http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/pages/catalogs/detail/45/588/1298/28720/1/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/electric-starter-kit.aspx

i got a 2003 450 sx

so it will work then. book mark that site. they have great deals on KTM part.

I think they sell GPR stabilizers for your bike for 330, or around that:crazy:

so it will work then. book mark that site. they have great deals on KTM part.

I think they sell GPR stabilizers for your bike for 330, or around that:crazy:

ya i aredy got it bookedmarked...but i got no need 4 a stabalizer