Sign in to follow this  

97 rm 250 carbs settings?

hi all, took my rebuilt rm out last sunday and it was amazing! cant believe how fast they are! any ways, just wondering what carb settings everyone uses, ie float level, air screw turns etc, because i think its running a little rich as the plug is black, its all standard jets and exhaust. thanks in advance:applause:

if the carb is a mikuni here ya go

main jet 180

jet needle3rd from top

slow jet52

pilot air screw turns out 1 1/2 to 1 3/4

float height 16.0 +- 1.0 mm (0.63+-0.04 in.)

i think its running a little rich as the plug is black, its all standard jets and exhaust. thanks in advance:applause:

yayoboy,

The stock jetting (175 main, 48 pilot, and NIED needle) for the 97 RM250 was too rich. A more popular combination was to run a 168 main, 45 pilot, with the NOZG (Kawasaki part # 16009-1759) needle 3rd clip position from the top. This combo worked well in the 97 RM250 for 70-85 degrees and 0’ – 1500’ elevation. Start with the airscrew at 1-1/4 turns out and you will be within 3/8 turn + or – from the optimum setting. Make sure that you have the motor up to normal operating temp before adjusting the airscrew in 1/8-turn increments until you find the best setting.