Sign in to follow this  

4000 mile service intervals?

I have noticed in my hand book that Suzuki say 4000 mile service intervals for my DRZ-s.

It is 1300 miles since the last service (600 miles) but the oil is starting to look a light brown on the dipstick already and lower in the range since I last checked it.

Going to change filter and oil, read several threads and 1.8 litres is mentioned along with 2 quarts.

I no longer trust the Suzuki book, as it would be treacle by 4000 miles, so what is the correct figure please and can any experienced UK DRZer please tell me which oil to get here in the UK.

Thanks.

well if you want the motor to blow up then change the oil at 4000 mile intervals. Also just put in 2 quarts. CHANGE THE OIL ENERY 500-1000 MILES IF YOO WANT THE MOTOR TO LIVE!

Definitly don't go by the oil/filter change intervals in the manual. 1000 miles or so is plenty, 1500 miles max (on the street, more frequent off-road). I go about 500 or 600 miles betwixt changes using Suzuki dino oil.

Thanks, changed the oil today and it was a dark dirty brown!

Also I noticed that when it had it's 600mile service at the dealers they had omitted to replace the small o ring behind the filter. I have now run 1400 miles like this, is it anything to worry about.

New o ring put in today and I did check the filter and tray for the old o ring but it wasn't there.

Oil should be dark..thats when you know its working.

Thanks, changed the oil today and it was a dark dirty brown!

What color were you expecting it to be?

Woo hoo... two other people commented about the 'dirty looking' oil before me... I must be rubbing off one some people.

As for the rubber oring... your oil wasn't being filtered properly... not a huge deal... but I'd certainly chew some arse at the dealer on my next visit.