Sign in to follow this  

Staintune Yamaha WR250R-X Exhaust

from http://www.staintune.com.au/exhausts/yamaha/Yamaha_WR250R_YAMS_WR25RX.htm

Yamaha_WR250R_YAMS_WR25RX.jpg

Part Number: YA MS WR 25 R

Performance: On road test the WR250R really opened up with a much more responsive throttle which is most noticeable through the mid-range. No remapping or tuning is required.

Weight Savings: The standard exhaust weighs 6.2kg and the Staintune muffler only 2.9kg, (6.4 lbs.) this gives a 3.3kg (7.3 lbs.) weight saving

Finish: The Staintune system is a single round muffler and comes in a matt stainless finish.

Noise Emissions:

Standard: 88dba @ 5000rpm

Staintune muffler: 94dba @ 5000rpm

This system is ADR compliant and we can provide compliance labels upon completion and return of the form provided with the muffler.

Yamaha_WR250R_YAMS_WR25RX_detail.jpg

Nice to see new products for the bike. No actual dyno numbers?

Hi,

I can now see this is sourced from their site, I would be interested in the dyno# and hopefully this is how they determined "No remapping or tuning is required" as I am lead to believe that the bike runs pretty lean standard.

Thanks

Most aftermarket exhaust I've used say no retuning is required, UNLESS you also add more air by opening up the airbox. Same goes for Harleys (the king of exhaust replacements).

Most aftermarket exhaust I've used say no retuning is required, UNLESS you also add more air by opening up the airbox. Same goes for Harleys (the king of exhaust replacements).

I have changed the air filter.