Almost killed by the f"n dealership!

Dropped the pig off to have new fork springs put in and $221.00 later loaded up for a 100 mile highway run to a camp and ride weekend. Due to weather I bailed at the last minute. Thank god, went for a rip last night and felt a vibe/rattle in the front end a mix of road and trail riding nothing sever but on rebound it was noticeable. Checked it out this morning and the 4 bolts that hold the Axel plate in are hand tight! I can pull the forks apart:crazy: . Thanks MOTORSPORTS INTERNATIONAL of Auburn MA! Called them earlier and was told thay will pick it up to look at it on monday.Can't figure out how to post the pics I have of the mess.

I have to agree with rascal. even thuogh I have very little experience with "PIG" medicine I am willing to ask sometimes dumb sounding questions and invest in tools so my life is indeeeeeed in my own hands.Glad you were not injured.Thanks 4 the honesty. It's not always easy to share about how you got screwed by someone.

I have to agree with rascal. even thuogh I have very little experience with "PIG" medicine I am willing to ask sometimes dumb sounding questions and invest in tools so my life is indeeeeeed in my own hands.Glad you were not injured.Thanks 4 the honesty. It's not always easy to share about how you got screwed by someone.
The worst part is I took it to the dealer cause I know nothing about the front end and was afraid I wouldn't torque down something right and lose the wheel. Never again.

You guys are in the right place. I have never seen a bunch of people who are more willing to help out and share their expertise then the guys here on the pig forums.

Especially for newbies and guys who are inexperienced at turning wrenches, the more experienced guys here show the utmost patience in trying to help out. Yeah, there's always some snide remarks, but that's just the price of admission :D

You guys should feel free to ask any question. The only dumb question is the one not asked ?

The worst part is I took it to the dealer cause I know nothing about the front end and was afraid I wouldn't torque down something right and lose the wheel. Never again.

Next time, just take the component to them (i.e. the forks) and put everything else back on by yourself. I NEVER trust others, esp dealers, to put my machines back together, or much less work on them at all. Street tires is all I have them ever do, and I take the wheels to them to get it done.

you know, these things always get me so pissed. To make their (the dealers) bs worse, The frikin salesman that sold me my bike told me I had to do ALL maint. at they're delaership or my warranty would be void. I laughed at him and bought my first mod parts to take home while I was still picking up the new bike! Should be a way to sue the bastards for the incompetence and glad you didn't get hurt.

Even the best mechanics miss the simple things.

I use to go home every night (when i was wrenching for a living)and repeat everything i did that day wondering if i missed a bolt or something.After a while it wears ya down so you have to let it go.

Yes we do. I do that every night! That's why I start a new job with the city turning wrenches. Same type of work, but no customers!

you know, these things always get me so pissed. To make their (the dealers) bs worse, The frikin salesman that sold me my bike told me I had to do ALL maint. at they're delaership or my warranty would be void. I laughed at him and bought my first mod parts to take home while I was still picking up the new bike! Should be a way to sue the bastards for the incompetence and glad you didn't get hurt.

While I agree with you, that type of thinking has ruined this business.

The guys with all the natural talent and real skill are leaving the occupation in droves. Thus allowing incompetent retards to fill their spots and things like this happen.

hopefully it's not as bad w/ motorcycles...but with automobiles many mechanics have forgotten the use of a torque wrench and impact wrenches are way over used :D

i had to replace many fasteners and extract several bolts from my M3's front suspension when i wus dumb enough to have a shop do the work...i have since figured out i know more about it than they do and with the shop manual i now do most of the mechanical work...i find it very rewarding and more $$$ left over for new projects.

?