Sign in to follow this  

White Cloud, MI trail ride 23AUG08

So far we've got three people going up for now. Meeting time is 9:30am at the White Cloud trail head, off of M-20, just NW of White Cloud.

Me, ericinmichigan and n8sjh so far and we're hoping for some more.

I am still on for Saturday. Anyone else want to join us? Looks like maybe a chance of rain Friday so maybe it will not be dusty.

Yup, I'm in too. I saw the forecast as well, and I agree on the dust thing. Last week my son and I got caught in a thunderstorm out in the middle of the trails in Kalkaska. It was actually really fun, and even my son commented on how much better the trails were to ride after it rained. A little rain won't hurt anyone...and I won't be stuck seeing clients or having a phone glued to my ear like usual all week long. Let's ride!!!!

I'm hoping it does all of the raining on Friday. I don't mind a sprinkle, but full on torrential rain has got to be a bear to ride in. I'm a wimp, but if you guys are going to brave it, than I guess misery loves company.👍

Another up for anyone that may want to go last minute.

So How you guys feeling today. I thought I was going to be sore but I actually feel pretty good. Had a great time riding with you guys would like to go again sometime.

So How you guys feeling today. I thought I was going to be sore but I actually feel pretty good. Had a great time riding with you guys would like to go again sometime.

I think my XRL made me it's prison bitch in that first leg, sand hills, sand whoops, sand berms:cry: of course lowering tire pressure with the stock tires helped some, but not a lot.

We definitely have to get together and do the Big O next time and start at it's staging area, no more White cloud trail for me, thank you. I'm pretty beat up,👍 bruised calf, bruised upper leg, bruised inside knee, shins, sore left wrist and my muscles ache, but a good ache..........I'm ready for more now that my trail cherry got popped.(minus all that Freakin sand this time)

I think I'm going to be looking at some different tires(D606 on the rear, unsure of what to run up front) handlebar and grips for next year as well as some off road boots. Of course a larger, plastic tank will be on the list as well.

I had a blast despite getting owned by my ride in the first leg, getting rained on and having Eric repeatedly christening my new XRL with copious amounts of sand, dirt and mud to diminish that showroom floor shine :worthy::blah::busted::D

Lets do it againa(Minus the White Cloud trail)only trailer them up this time, my ass can't take that seat on an all day ride, the ride home was a painful one and it was so happy to see the couch...after I hosed off all off the days ride of the bike and then myself.

Now you know why I wanted to trailer my bike up there.👍

After a long trail ride I was not going to be in any shape to ride on the seat all the way home. In the trails its fine because your on and off the seat all the time.

Glad you enjoyed it. Tires will help a lot but what will help more is getting out there and riding the trails more.

Guys, I had a blast with you on the trails. XRL, I laughed when I read your post above...that's some funny stuff. I know I know I know...the sand sucked! But we still had fun though. N8, I'm with you on the trailer thing too now. I would love to maybe take a day this upcoming weekend and ride the Big-O again...that was some great riding.

For the record, my right shoulder is very sore from my little get-off incident on the bridge. Not hurt, just bruised...no biggie. Thank God for my gear! Today I ordered the Ken Sean fold-away mirrors...two sets actually (XRL..I'll get you your pair when they come in this Wed. or Thurs).

I promise I'll get the pics posted here pronto...just been really slammed with work. What do you guys think about doing some riding this weekend? I've got not kids (due to the holiday). Wanna set something up?

Guys, I had a blast with you on the trails. XRL, I laughed when I read your post above...that's some funny stuff. I know I know I know...the sand sucked! But we still had fun though. N8, I'm with you on the trailer thing too now. I would love to maybe take a day this upcoming weekend and ride the Big-O again...that was some great riding.

For the record, my right shoulder is very sore from my little get-off incident on the bridge. Not hurt, just bruised...no biggie. Thank God for my gear! Today I ordered the Ken Sean fold-away mirrors...two sets actually (XRL..I'll get you your pair when they come in this Wed. or Thurs).

I promise I'll get the pics posted here pronto...just been really slammed with work. What do you guys think about doing some riding this weekend? I've got not kids (due to the holiday). Wanna set something up?

I've got Maggie Friday night and some of Saturday, but have both Sunday and Monday completely FREE. I'm up for it, if I can get my strength back in my left wrist I'll be ready to ride. My sister in law handed me a jam jar to open today and I felt like a girly man trying to open it, but I bared down and finally got it open. My muscles are back to their untoned state of being and ready to be pounded on again. FEEL THE BURN!!! I'm going to be looking for a pair of off road boots this week too.

Eric, get those pics up.....SLACKER!!!!👍

How do the XRL's run in cooler weather? do they need to be rejetted again?