just a quick question

just wanted to get an inside view on what it is that most dirtbike riders have against those of us on 4 wheels, and please only people with intelligent opinions we all know that even though atvs have 4 wheels they equally challenging if not a little bit more so to ride at the speeds that the racers have reached, and also no one with the "bad attitude, bad representation of motorsports" lines because there are just as many knuckleheads out there riding bikes as there are atvs.

Mostly because quad riders are the way you've claimed them to be. Like it or not, it's true, and it puts off a lot of the humble dirtbike riders out there on trails or tracks. It's great and all that you can ride your 1989 trailblazer with a case of beer on the back and have a great time with YOUR friends, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world wants to see you on the trails drunk and screaming while their kids are out riding.

I am not saying that this is the norm, but i'm saying I would consider a majority of quad riders to be more disrespectful than bikers. I'm not sure if they feel more entitled because they have as many wheels as a car and thus have the same kind of freedoms but it just seems like quad riders are quite ok with destroying riding areas and don't care.

I'll admit that I DO know nice people that ride quads, and there are TONS out there, but at the same time there are a sizeable amount of people that just go out and get drunk and live up to the stereotypes. THESE are the people you need to be concerned with, not the humble farmers using these things as farm machinery.

Talk to your own and change their ways before you condemn us all for hating you for no reason.

I DO see quad riders doing donuts and burnouts at the trailhead, making huge amounts of dust....I DON'T see 2-wheeler riders doing that. Acting like an idiot is the whole reason I dislike quad riders....

Quad riders were directly responsible for getting at least 2 of my local riding spots shut down via those antics...

we all know that even though atvs have 4 wheels they equally challenging if not a little bit more so to ride at the speeds that the racers have reached

In all honesty, I believe that opinions like this are part of the reason for the animosity between the two groups.

im guessing he never rode a dirtbike before, i dont have to worry about my fron end washing out and laying it down on a quad. i dont have to put my foot out in hard turns on a quad either. so i would say a quad isnt that challenging. i used to own a yfz450 quad and thought i was the shit, then i went to 2 wheels and that humbled me

im guessing he never rode a dirtbike before, i dont have to worry about my fron end washing out and laying it down on a quad. i dont have to put my foot out in hard turns on a quad either. so i would say a quad isnt that challenging. i used to own a yfz450 quad and thought i was the shit, then i went to 2 wheels and that humbled me

i have owned and raced both a kx125 and a cr250 and once you get to a level such as the "a" class in a national series things change big time, you need to remember that your dirtbike doesn't come close to 400lbs and it hurts a lot less when it lands on top of you, also landing on one wheel with a bike is usually easily rectified but it is a very rare occasion that a quad can be saved in this situation, and as for those of you who claim that knuckleheads doing donuts and wheelies at the head of the trails in your local riding area are the reason it got shut down i ask you whether or not you stopped to ask them to show a little respect in an attempt to help themselves as well as you to keep that riding area open for all to use. you all have done nothing but show me the ignorance i was trying to avoid in asking this question, i know about the dumba**** that think they are entitled and do stupid things and when i see them i always take the time to stop and ask them to show a little respect for the riding area and the other people who use it, or just to the sport in general as they are not helping us become more acceptable in the mainstream world by getting on the news in a negative way, i hold no contempt for dirtbike riders because of the fact that they ride bikes but because of the contempt they show us, i'm not trying to start trouble here i just wanted to see if i could open some eyes, you think you are losing riding areas because of these people, i race motocross on an atv here in new england and there are only 6 tracks actually in new england that i can use.

Heres your intelligent answere. The only thing I have against four wheelers is the amount of dust they stir up at the tracks. I do believe things are getting better because as one person said the "knuckle" heads are mostly heading to the mud bog pits to drink. I think both groups have a lot of talent in the upper echelonsthough . Just my opinion.

I have nothing against quad riders, its just that (in my opinion) theres more people that are wreckless on quads then on dirtbikes, such as the people who are riding around drunk with no helmet on, or stirring up dust around camp, or the worst, the ones who let there 6 year old kids ride their 450 quads:foul: :D , but I have nothing against those people who just enjoy riding their quads around and follow the rules.?

I have nothing against quad riders, its just that (in my opinion) theres more people that are wreckless on quads then on dirtbikes, such as the people who are riding around drunk with no helmet on, or stirring up dust around camp, or the worst, the ones who let there 6 year old kids ride their 450 quads:foul: :D , but I have nothing against those people who just enjoy riding their quads around and follow the rules.?

im with u there, seems like the BLM is looking for any excuse to shut down the desert, bastards:censored:

you all have done nothing but show me the ignorance i was trying to avoid in asking this question, ...................i hold no contempt for dirtbike riders because of the fact that they ride bikes but because of the contempt they show us.

I don't like quad riders because they ask you for your opinion, then tell you that you're ignorant when you give it to them. That, and the fact that they don't like me.

C'mon man, you need to lighten up.

Heres your intelligent answere. The only thing I have against four wheelers is the amount of dust they stir up at the tracks. I do believe things are getting better because as one person said the "knuckle" heads are mostly heading to the mud bog pits to drink. I think both groups have a lot of talent in the upper echelonsthough . Just my opinion.

+1

Quads stir up a lot of dust (on the track) and beat the tracks down. Thats the only thing I don't like.

In our motocross circuit we run a quads class. They are actually a pretty good bunch of guys. In fact one is very very fast. There have been several pro national guys that have come to our circuit to race this year thinking they would mop up on everybody, but this guy basically opened up a can of whoop ass on them. He can pretty much do all the big jumps the bikes do. This guy also races bikes in the intermediate class and runs top three pretty much every weekend. That being said, I don't think, and this guy will tell you it doesn't take more talent to ride a quad that fast. It just takes a bigger set of testicles. It takes about the same amount of talent at those speeds. As mentioned above, one huge strike is the dust factor. However, the quads can serve a great purpose also. If the track gets over worked and is all clumpy, we just send the quads out to knock it down. Also, if the track is too wet, we just send them out to speed out the dry out process. So they do have their positives also. On our circuit we all get along fine, in fact I'm good friends with all the quad guys. We just choose to ride bikes.

I haven't been on dirt bikes for very long, but one reason that has already been mentioned makes a lot of sense. It takes very little skill to ride a quad as a begginner. So more newbies can be on the trail on a quad. Tome this seems a lot like the skiers don't like snowboarders arguement. Its easy to argue for each, but neither has a very strong arguement. Some of it is do to location as well. The CA and AZ the quads are those that party. And leave beer cans/glass all over.

Alright, I haven't read any of the other responses, so I hope i'm not repeating. I really dislike how most people that ride quads think that they don't need a helmet just because they are on four wheels. I've seen more people on quads without helmets than with, and that's not an exaggeration. Most of the time, they are in jeans and a tee shirt, with no protective equipment on whatsoever. The other reason, and perhaps the most important one to me, they tear everything up. Sure, dirt bikes tear stuff up, but quads make trails so rutted out that they aren't as fun as they normally would be.

Here is the most important thing to remember:

If you are a safe rider, with proper equipment and riding etiquette, then I respect you very much. However if someone is a "quadtard" then they deserve to be bashed on.

I don't feel angry when someone calls someone else an idiot b/c of what they did on a dirt bike....b/c normally they are an idiot if they lend themselves to it.