Sign in to follow this  

Trailer recomendations

It's time to start looking for a trailer. I never thought I'd say I am done with tent camping!

So, I have an '03 Sequoia, and a '95 T100 to haul with. I'd primarily use the Sequoia due to bigger engine and better brakes.

I want a toy hauler style.

Any thoughts?

We need some more info...

What are you going to be hauling in it?

How many people will need to sleep in it?

Is there a maximum length it can be because of storage space?

Find out your sequoias capacity and go from there. at least it will give you a starting point.

yeah. the load capacity of your tow vehicle will take priority of what your going to be getting.. and if your getting a toyhauler remember that when its loaded down.. your gunna have a few more k pounds in their. so look for something a good 3k under your tow vehicle specs..

It's time to start looking for a trailer. I never thought I'd say I am done with tent camping!

So, I have an '03 Sequoia, and a '95 T100 to haul with. I'd primarily use the Sequoia due to bigger engine and better brakes.

Any thoughts?

You're not going to like this, but......

the 4x4 Sequoia is rated for 6200 lbs

The 2wd version is rated for 6500 lbs.

Now, take into consideration these tow ratings are with a 150 lb driver, half tank of fuel, no cargo or passengers in the vehicle-you probably lost about 500 lbs in tow rating right there.

Now, tongue rating of the rig is usually 10% of the tow rating, so you'd have to stay around 600 lbs tongue rating. I'd choose something in the 5,000 lb or less GWR category.

This isn't going to be a long list.

Start sifting....http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488034

If I were you and had those as my tow vehicle I would be taking a strong look at the Carson Titan and Rebel. They are perfect for the Sequoia and earlia Tundras. If you don't mind the fact they just went BK there are some great deals to be had on the Weekend Warrior Supercross trailers which is also well fit for your vehicles.

I've got an 06 Tundra DC 4x4 and I've done the math to death. You should be looking for a TH that come in around 4000 to 4300 dry weight. By dry weight, I mean verified dry weight (as in take it to a scale) not what the little sticker on the inside of the cabinet says.

If you go to www.tundrasolutions.com you will get responses from people towing with your model SUV and Truck. :)

Also try to stick with the 80% max tow capacity rule, you will be much happier towing compared to beating on your vehicle constantly. Check out the Coachman Blast series, they are light but not very well built IMO. I have the WW SX18 and with the available options it is around 6K loaded with a couple bikes and water.

Any thoughts?

Fun Runner has a couple of TB's in the 4000lb range. Better than a TT.

Assuming your sequoia is a 1500 look for something small and make sure you get a brake controller and a good weight distribution hitch for your truck, there are a bunch of superlight trailers available so look around there are lots of useful RV websites available for more info