Sign in to follow this  

Anyone had a bad head concussion

As Im sitting here now its been a month with mine.

I still feel like Im buzzing bad and not close to normal, had to take some more time off work last week and go back to the neurologist. My head feels like its going to explode sometimes.

I'm so sick :) of hearing (so you going to finally quite ridding now?) I had a worse one 5 years ago so this really sucks now that i got another one.

I have ridden bikes since I was 17 (wanted to earlier but didn't have one) and has always been the main part of my life had many a broken bone.

I don't like broken bones but at least you know how long tell you heal with one, not like the brain where one of my Neurologist told me "you might never get normal again" and so I wait..and wait:cry:

I used to road race for 6 years and was pretty good and then had the knock to the head and retired (cuz my dad bagged me to after he saw what it did to me) and always missed the competing.

Well this year I started NMA in the vet c class and was having a great time. I won 2 races (the Pit and Packwood) and got smoked at others. I found it fun that some are part of the mx tracks since i hadn't been on a track since 91 when I broke both my legs at SIR....ok Im getting of track now:blah:

What I wanted to know is if any had bad ones, how you felt and how long tell normal and when went ridding again. Im hopping to be able to ride by next year and be ready for the frost bite...but man that seems along way away:thumbsdn:

I was out nearly 7months in my last "alien abduction"...scary, hard to think straight, worried I might not be the same, etc....it all slowly went away. My first time back on the bike, I was afraid to lean it over in the corners. Took a few rides to get my mojo back.

Good luck! Keep your chin up!

thanks for the reply.

Well went back to the Dr and just found out I messed up my neck too.:)

So need to start therapy on that this week also and It's kinda freaked me out so when I do come back Im getting a Leatt brace for sure. I always thought about one before but then wondered, how is my chest protector going to fit, how is my camel back going to fit, how is my ridding jacket going to fit?

Don't matter I'll make it work some how now.

I had a bad one, split my helmet pretty good. My head was a little fuzzy, but I mostly just had a headache for 9 months. I was riding through it though, as the hard concentration helped me forget the headache. Best of luck though; head injuries suck, they're the only part of this sport that worry me.

...head injuries suck, they're the only part of this sport that worry me.

If we ever meet in person, don't forget to ask to see my stomach :D

Life without all your intestines, think about that one too.

Always ride with good gear, and ride smart!! :)