Sign in to follow this  

quick exhaust fix

Well my friend has a 2004 CRF150F. He's not that good, just started last year, well actually he's good being he started last year. But anywho, last night messing with his bike we did normal checks, air filter, spark plug clean, oil change, etc. We then cleaned his spark arrestor. By removing the 3 bolts on the exhaust we slid it out. I used the norm, carb and choke cleaner and a wire brush. But, he mentioned starting it with out....yes with out any cover on the exhaust. So, being 16, we did. !#$%^%&, it sounded, like a real bike. It actually sounded somewhat nice. But we told him you just can't ride in the woods with out a spark arrestor. But then we noticed a torqx screw, and we took it out. We slid a mini header pipe looking device (lol) out of the spark arrestor. Now, with it on, with out the mini header thing...it sounds louder, we think. Could you do this? What can you do to make it louder? Could we leave absolutely nothing in the exhaust?.....no...but is there a way to make it loud with out buying an entire new exhaust system?

Figures, I have to beg the kid to ride, it's that pathetic. I finally got him to go today, annnnnnnnnnnd I have a flat front. Damn 2 strokes....yes...I'm blaming my engine type for my flat tire....a 250f wouldn't have done that

haha yeah i have a kx125....lol...I saw on another thread and a guy asked if anyone had pics of the "new" crf150r 2 stroke....

If you remove the baffle without re-jetting the carb, you stand a chance of smoking the engine by running to lean. Look at the jetting threads for the 150 then go to your local honda shop and order the parts. It's a fairly simple procedure, and if I remember right, the parts only cost 38 bucks.

Of course you need to rejet, but dont take the baffle out. Mod the baffle with a hole in the end cap or search where TT member ramz did his holes and do that. With the baffle out it is louder but sounds like hell and wants more back pressure in my opinion. With the jetting correct and the airbox opened up and a drilled baffle my bike runs good enough that I am not going to replace the aftermarket pipe I broke.

Go to E-bay and buy a good exhaust and rejet kit is on E-bay as well. Sometimes you can get a good deal on a used pipe.