Sign in to follow this  

Yankee Doodle again

back by high damand, whats good for every body, im thinking maybe the 31, i cant ride saturdays much more. i wanna do the WHOLE trail, upper and lower. hopefully ill have the bike runnin good by then. should be nice up there, lets do car pools and save gas.

I would be up for that. Is your staging place the same as Redrooster's ride today?

I have a Trials event in near Payson that day:foul: , any other weekend would be good for me. I really want to do this ride.:):D

i may be able to do it this weekend, but that is a very slim harry maybe, and i wont know for sure till later in the week

I would be up for that. Is your staging place the same as Redrooster's ride today?

Bigbird, they usually stage off Poland road.

I will give you a Harry maybe for next weekend Sean. I will see how your ride progresses and decide between Camp Wood with a friend I haven’t seen in about a year or your doodle ride.

Yesterday I did that loop I was telling you about. It turned out to be a worthy ride. I don’t have exact numbers but I would say it was 30 miles of trail, 15 miles of good Jeep road and 10 miles of connecting roads.

IMG_1575.jpg

One of my friends, he can usually roll over about anything but struggled a bit today. He fattened up his jetting and lost all his throttle response, imagine that. I don’t know why people don’t understand that lean is good, just not too lean. I think he is beginning to understand the benefit of lean.

IMG_1578.jpg

Stalled again

IMG_1594.jpg

A boil over stop

IMG_1600.jpg

Bigbird, they usually stage off Poland road.

I will give you a Harry maybe for next weekend Sean. I will see how your ride progresses and decide between Camp Wood with a friend I haven’t seen in about a year or your doodle ride.

Yesterday I did that loop I was telling you about. It turned out to be a worthy ride. I don’t have exact numbers but I would say it was 30 miles of trail, 15 miles of good Jeep road and 10 miles of connecting roads.

IMG_1575.jpg

One of my friends, he can usually roll over about anything but struggled a bit today. He fattened up his jetting and lost all his throttle response, imagine that. I don’t know why people don’t understand that lean is good, just not too lean. I think he is beginning to understand the benefit of lean.

IMG_1578.jpg

Stalled again

IMG_1594.jpg

A boil over stop

IMG_1600.jpg

awsome , you wouldnt happen to have a gps track of that? or can you explain the route

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

Stalled again

IMG_1594.jpg

A boil over stop

IMG_1600.jpg

That looks fun. Is that a 450X boiling over...:D Gotta like the decals on those forks tho :)

I'm up for a full YD run. Not sure when though. Where would we stage? I need to install a new rear tire and do a basic service on the bike.

I am not sure I am ready to tackle it again next weekend either. You guys say when and I'll do my Harry best, here is my immediate calendar:

• 8/23 8/24 - Open, may be too soon
  • 8/30 8/31 9/1 - Working the 30th open the other days
  • 9/6 9/7 - Would like to be camping in Flagstaff and doing the Peaks loop
  • 9/13 9/14 - Out of town
  • 9/20 9/21 - Work the 20th open the 21st
  • 9/27 9/28- Open the 28th

I can go further if needed.

Sorry Sean no GPS, I could explain the rout but it would be better guided. Too many turns and subtleties for my descriptive ability.

Solo, glad you enjoyed the San Juans. That is a killer loop and pretty much covers the gamut of that area.

Staging could be at the same place as always. If staging there add the staging area to the 5-corners as additional connector roads. I staged at a place that is on the loop with no connectors. However, it is on the South end of 89. It may be a long haul for the Phoenicians but is close for me.

If Sean is bent on lower Yankee Doodle you could stage south of Wilhoit (60 to 89 to the JCT of Yavapai 15. Right there on FR 72, left on FR 94 and stage a bit down 94 to the left). How is that to get to for the PHX crowd?

Staging there would allow you to do lower 284 (Yankee Doodle) and back as a loop, or add the upper 284 as a longer loop. I would like to see the lower 284.

That looks fun. Is that a 450X boiling over...:D Gotta like the decals on those forks tho :)

Yup she is gurgling like the red pig she is. It is after a technical section with another ahead. My little red pig burped a bit right there also.

He got those stickers on your recommendation. Seamed like the best deal going to get it re-sprung. He gave you props. He is very happy with them. It was miserable riding with him before the re-valve. Every stop he would bitch and adjust something. I kept telling him you spent 6K on a bike spend a few hundred to get it to where you enjoy riding it. He did and does not regret doing it.

Yup she is gurgling like the red pig she is. It is after a technical section with another ahead. My little red pig burped a bit right there also.

He got those stickers on your recommendation. Seamed like the best deal going to get it re-sprung. He gave you props. He is very happy with them. It was miserable riding with him before the re-valve. Every stop he would bitch and adjust something. I kept telling him you spent 6K on a bike spend a few hundred to get it to where you enjoy riding it. He did and does not regret doing it.

Well I was thinking if that 450X is boiling over my R will be even worse and I still have yet to put a catch tank on it.:worthy:

Good for Robert on the suspension.:) Stitch has some new designed stickers now..........I saw them for the first time on Jaadog's bike today.:D

Well I was thinking if that 450X is boiling over my R will be even worse and I still have yet to put a catch tank on it.:worthy:

Good for Robert on the suspension.:) Stitch has some new designed stickers now..........I saw them for the first time on Jaadog's bike today.:D

props to stich he did a good job on the valving on my rear thanks brett heres the new stickers he made better get one wile there hot xxxxxxxxxx009.jpg

well it looks like the 31rst will be the best day. im still trying to get my bike back together, it would be already but parts people suk

well it looks like the 31rst will be the best day. im still trying to get my bike back together, it would be already but parts people suk

My parts ppl are the bestest ever:worthy: :)

Isn't that Labor Day weekend:excuseme: :)

I cant do it on labor day weekend, any other weekend would be good, but sounds like Sean wants to do it Labor Day?? Whats the deal Sean??