Sign in to follow this  

Just a preview of my "new" mirror mod.

Just got them yesterday, and just installed them just now. I want to eventually move them on my handlebar, but I will have to wait to get to the scoot shop to find the right length bolts. I haven't tested them yet to see how bad they vibrate. I will report on how well they work later.

Here's the good::)

They're very well made; they're small and have a convex mirror, so you almost see around you. They're intended to use in conjuction with your existing mirror for better blindspots view.

Here's the bad:

They're not available anywhere.:D

Pops mirror by Takatsu

mirror.jpg

mirror2.jpg

Made in Japan

mirror3.jpg

Hey Cesar that mirror looks great. I would use it, it's small and not ugly. I also bet it works pretty well too, the most important part. Let me know if they get some more at the scooter store.

Chim

I like your mirrors. Can you see behind you without moving around on the seat or moving your arms? I have had great luck with my DualStars....they don't vibrate (I have electrical tape wrapped around my bars where they clamp on to kind of dampen them) and they actually have pretty good visibility. With my stock mirrors I had to drop my shoulder to see....with these I have to raise my elbow and look under, but it works pretty well. Definitely less drag at high speeds and kind of a stealth look. People started asking if my bike was street legal...thats a good sign.

DSCN2932.jpg

I like your mirrors. Can you see behind you without moving around on the seat or moving your arms?

Since the mirrors are convex, I can see cars well enough coming from behind me. Night time visibility is good as well. I can see headlights coming up from behind.:)

I have had great luck with my DualStars....they don't vibrate (I have electrical tape wrapped around my bars where they clamp on to kind of dampen them) and they actually have pretty good visibility.

Using a thin road bicycle inner tube, would probably work even better than electrical tape for your purpose. :ride:

I went from similar setup as the Dualstars to the rectangular one. They worked well enough, but not great. I'm just looking for better alternatives w/ better "rear" visibility. Let me state my main purpose for mirrors in the first place. I'd like to be able to see if some numbn*t is coming fast behind me so that I can move out of the way. I turn my head to look anyway, before moving onto the next lane.:D

Here's the latest report:

The "Pops mirror" almost has no vibration. It would look better if handlebar mounting is possible. Nice, slim, & easy to adjust up/down.:banghead:

So, I will run this mirror until I find something that looks/functions better. Time to call Mr. Takatsu for another for the left side. :worthy:

Rider's perspective view.

popsmirror2.jpg

Clearer photo.

popsmirror5.jpg

Motrax bar-end mirrors that I had before.

drzfinal6.jpg