Street riding in Western NC

Hey, I'm going up to W. NC to visit with my parents and ride with my dad. Anyone have a good route aside from the Blue Ridge Parkway(we plan on hitting that as well)? We will be leaving from Hendersonville just outside Asheville and ride for one day. Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

If you like curvy mountain roads, take 64 west to Brevard then south on 276 toward Greenville. SC. At the bottom of the mountain turn right/west on Hwy 11 to a right/north on 178 toward Rosman NC. In Rosman go west again on US64 about 1 mile to a right on 215 to the Blue Ridge Pkwy. (On the weekend the 178/215 route is a favorite of the crotch rockets so plenty of bikes along with a lot of cruisers as well) Once on the Pkwy you can go toward Asheville and then back to Hendersonville. Or you can bail off on 276 when it crosses the Pkwy. and take it back down toward Brevard for a complete loop. I think there is some good riding to the east of Hendersonville toward Bat Cave, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock etc. but I am not familiar enough with that area to recommend a loop. Hope this helps. Your options are really endless for road riding in this area. ?:D

I may go with y'all. When are you coming? BTW, the route the suggested is great. The BRP is fun and safe, but I worry about getting busted for speeding on it (45mph speedlimit and it is patroled). Many of the other roads don't have much (if any) patrolling.

If you like curvy mountain roads, take 64 west to Brevard then south on 276 toward Greenville. SC. At the bottom of the mountain turn right/west on Hwy 11 to a right/north on 178 toward Rosman NC. In Rosman go west again on US64 about 1 mile to a right on 215 to the Blue Ridge Pkwy. (On the weekend the 178/215 route is a favorite of the crotch rockets so plenty of bikes along with a lot of cruisers as well) Once on the Pkwy you can go toward Asheville and then back to Hendersonville. Or you can bail off on 276 when it crosses the Pkwy. and take it back down toward Brevard for a complete loop. I think there is some good riding to the east of Hendersonville toward Bat Cave, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock etc. but I am not familiar enough with that area to recommend a loop. Hope this helps. Your options are really endless for road riding in this area. :banghead: :banghead:

OH great! Now everyone knows about my favorite roads...:banghead: :banghead: at least you left out a few secrets roads that I know about....and NOT TALKING!!?:D:worthy::ride::banghead:

I think he is trying to get even with me for speeding pass his retirement home on 178... :banghead: :banghead:

OH great! Now everyone knows about my favorite roads...:banghead: :banghead: at least you left out a few secrets roads that I know about....and NOT TALKING!!?:D:worthy::ride::banghead:

I think he is trying to get even with me for speeding pass his retirement home on 178... :ride: :ride:

Oh look! Now we have woke up Sasquatch!:banghead:

My childhood was spent on those roads - street bikes, dirt bikes, schoolbuses, bicycles, walking, driving to work, there ain't a road or trail in that area that I don't know and got a BS story about! That's all I got left-memories and dirt bikes!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You may go back to sleep now!

Oh look! Now we have woke up Sasquatch!:banghead:

My childhood was spent on those roads - street bikes, dirt bikes, schoolbuses, bicycles, walking, driving to work, there ain't a road or trail in that area that I don't know and got a BS story about! That's all I got left-memories and dirt bikes!?:D:worthy:

You may go back to sleep now!

I will sleep good tonight, :ride: dreaming of all those ROARING unmuffled Harleys and clones going by during your retirement naps.

We did 110 miles today on 64 and the Blueridge Parkway and ended up near Bat Cave. We took the back way home to Hendersonville. Great ride and really good weather. The tunnels were a bit dark with sunglasses on. I took some pics for those back home that I'll post later.

Another 125 miles today and ended up at the highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway.....man, you guys have it good up here for street and off road. Did see one bike that didn't make a corner and was in a ditch....kinda brings you back to reality. I can't believe the amount of dual sport bikes I've seen here. I'd kill to tag my bike back home.

Another 125 miles today and ended up at the highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway.....man, you guys have it good up here for street and off road. Did see one bike that didn't make a corner and was in a ditch....kinda brings you back to reality. I can't believe the amount of dual sport bikes I've seen here. I'd kill to tag my bike back home.

Welcome to my backyard! Glad you're enjoying yourself. When I walk out to the mailbox I can see the BRP and Mt. Pisgah. ?

Ditch that Yamaha and get a Husky TE, then you've got your tag. I'm covered on both extremes for this area -see sig...

Welcome to my backyard! Glad you're enjoying yourself. When I walk out to the mailbox I can see the BRP and Mt. Pisgah. ?

Ditch that Yamaha and get a Husky TE, then you've got your tag. I'm covered on both extremes for this area -see sig...

Looks like he is riding a chain saw at the low end and a Freightliner at the other! Of course he is faster on that chain saw bike than I am on the xrr650 :worthy::busted: