Aprilia RXV VS Husky TE 2008

So has anybody had direct ownership of the Aprilia 08. Apparently they got many of the 07 issues solved, (not considering Aprilia, just curious).

Also with only basic upgrades as a comp rider, which machine would you guys say would take the other (lets assume same driver riding each as it was designed). Almost like a poll.

I would not go with the 610 only because the extra 60lbs (or is it more?). Again I want a dirt bike that can get me to the store for some soda or a gas run etc. If I like driving on the road (and by some divine action, can talk my wife into another toy) would go with the SM class... which I hope I could do. It looks like a lot of fun but I would not look at this without some serious hours. I won't even get on one, it would be like buying TE as a commuter vehicle. I see the way they are supposed to be ridden and that requires serious skill.

Anyway, lets take me out of the factor and compare bikes based purely on performance (not reliability). I am sure that one may have an advantage over the other in one setting while the other in a different racing style.

If you have something to add about my situation please do so however I would like to learn a little about the 2 bikes. As far as I know both companies have a long list of world titles, please bring this info up to. Again just want to learn about both. Don't even need to talk about the dirt models supermoto is fair game even other companies like Huseburg or KTM.

Lastly thanks again for ALL of the input, it has helped me a ton and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

• 6 months later...

for a first bike get a cheap sh#t box. only has to be for 6 months, but is definitly worth it. If you just want a new bike and your going to use it on the road then get a 510/550 over the 450s. i have an08 rxv550 with 2k on it. love it no problems but the trick is getting the bike set up by a really good dealer, if they don't know or care then you will have problems. the undeseat pipes come as standard in OZ for road rego but the single arrow pipe comes with the bike and give's (once efi is set up) another 10hp. granted itsnot entirely needed but it's there to be had so...

the husky will give less problems though the aprilia hasnt given me any probs yet) and in OZ come with a 2 year warranty slightly better than the 2 year warranty on the aprilia the numbers are the same but there different.

i wouldn't swap the ape for anything else on 2 wheels

have you ridden the TE510 or even TC/TXC?

Anybody els you know have an aprillia?

thanks for the feed back... so is the 550 the race weapon everyone calls it and does she have a tendency to wear you out from the hit?

What is the price difference in Australia?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
One of the owners (or owner?) of that forum was a key player in defeating the 100% tariff on Euro bikes. ?

Great guy. ?

Must be Ed great guy! He started that forum out of his apartment, it took off and he started selling spark plugs and stuff online for Aprilias. Eventually he and his bud made enough to open their dealership, AF1. It has grown into America's premere Aprilia dealership. Quite a success story, so far.

Pictured here with a beer in his hand...

IMG_7205.jpg

BTW I rode that red bike(I am not pictured). That thing put a smile on my face that my exwife couldnt remove...?

Must be Ed great guy! He started that forum out of his apartment, it took off and he started selling spark plugs and stuff online for Aprilias. Eventually he and his bud made enough to open their dealership, AF1. It has grown into America's premere Aprilia dealership. Quite a success story, so far.

Pictured here with a beer in his hand...

IMG_7205.jpg

BTW I rode that red bike(I am not pictured). That thing put a smile on my face that my exwife couldnt remove...?

Ed is the guy. The look on his face is a combination of intensity, focus, and sincerity. Thanks for the pic, I wondered what he looked like.

Micah and Ed shared a two bedroom apartment while working as Aprilia dealership techs. They've worked alot of hours since bringing AF1 to the front of the pack.

Micah brings a free wheeling spirit and unbridled determination to the table with an introspective appreciation of finer things.

2957195518_8464dfd296.jpg?v=0

Pretty cool success story about the fellas there at AF1. I spent many hours cruzing the SXV forum until I decided to get a Husky instead. Even though I live in Canada and could have gotten a good deal on a SXV 550 from a local shop, I was impressed enough with AF1's dedication to Aprilia and especially the SXV and it's quirks that I wouldn't have batted an eye at getting a bike from them. Props to them for helping defeat the 100% tariff's and getting the SXV's as road worthy as possible!

BTW, I did ride a SXV 550 last year and that thing was a ton of fun! Staggering amount of power, pretty smooth and controllable once you have it pointed in a straight line but the fuel injection was kind of light switch like right off bottom. Made for a bit of a scary transition as you get on the power out of a corner at full lean and riding the dirt section was a bit nerve racking but after you get used to it, whoa, the thing was a rocket! And yeah, it kind of wore me out but I'm a bit of a ***** ?

Wish I could have one of those bikes though, it would be the ultimate urban assault weapon. Just fast enough that it can handle some street/highway ridding and short commute to work etc but still capable of SM racing and generally wreaking havoc around the city. ?