Sign in to follow this  

Blisters!

This is a new one, how the hell do i stop shredding my hand, left only. It is my middle and ring finger where it meets my palm. I don't think i hang on that hard, i don't pump up ever. I am thinking its from accelerating and then going to braking bumps and rocking my hands on the bars. Anyways i am putting on a pair of softer grips, but is there a band aid, or something i should try? I am a B rider and if i ride more than twice a week my hands get destroyed. Every time a callous builds up it gets ripped off!!

Softer grips will help. I have heard of people wearing a thinner glove on the inside of their main glove

• Like 1

Are your gloves bunching in that spot? One hand bigger than the other resulting in a poor fit. That's all I can think of.

get softer grippy's

i only have the problem on my thumb nuckle but its only when i dont wear gloves

Athletic tape works wonders on trouble spots. I wrap my thumbs on most rides to prevent blisters, and sometimes run a couple strips accross my caluses for long rides. It stays in place best if your hands are dry when you tape them. You also want to wrap it as loose as possible so it doesn't constrict or limit your range of motion.

For your spot, I'd run a couple strips of tape along my finger, over the joint and onto the palm. A ring of tape around the finger will anchor it in place.

I have found that when your gloves get wet from sweat or water that becomes they main cause of blisters.

Change gloves when they get wet, use some type powder that keeps your hands dry. Also teach yourself to not grip so hard, let your legs hold the bike and relax your grip. These work for me.:)

The athletic thing i tried this past weekend, but once my hands got sweaty the tape actually ripped my callus off! The wet gloves thing makes sense though i never thought of it. Thanks for the help

i cant say enough about these funny looking seemingly uncomfortable things..palm savers by sealsaver.. they feel a little funny when you first put them on but once your riding you forget they are there.

PalmSaver_Cropped_300.jpg

Every year when I start up again I have the dreaded left hand middle finger palm blister. Honestly It is painful but I get it in March when I start. I immediately tear it off and ride with it again. I cut the whole thing off and let it dry out and just go ride. That first time you shampoo your head is fun! It heals harder and I never have anything on my hands again. I ride a 450 in sand and my hands are good. You just have to build them up- and grip it lightly and squeeze with the legs.👍

This is a new one, how the hell do i stop shredding my hand, left only. It is my middle and ring finger where it meets my palm. I don't think i hang on that hard, i don't pump up ever. I am thinking its from accelerating and then going to braking bumps and rocking my hands on the bars. Anyways i am putting on a pair of softer grips, but is there a band aid, or something i should try? I am a B rider and if i ride more than twice a week my hands get destroyed. Every time a callous builds up it gets ripped off!!

pillow grips do help a lot. You'll never go back to regular grips again. I'm tired of cutting my calluses during the week so they are healed by the weekend. Mine are sore right now.

I have the same problem and I cant find anything, I have soft grips, grip donuts, and I use Airid Extra Dry spray on my hands and nothing works. I am now going to try spraying Tuff Skin on my hands a couple times a day and see if that works, I'm pretty sure that it should do the job.

i have exaclty the same problem on my left hand in exactly the same spot, i just ignore it they rip and blister but dont hurt anymore i think my nerve endings are dead LOL

oh and if you want to toughen your skin there rub methylated spirits everyday for a while and i gaurantee it will harden the skin and stop blisters. It is a trick i learned when i used to row

The reason you get blisters on your left hand and not your right hand is because the throttle absorbs the shock to your hands when going over bumps.

Boyesen invented a grip that rotates like the throttle on the left side, it uses elastomers to limit the rotation there is three sets soft, medium and firm. It feels weird at first but your left hand will thank you. (800)-441-1177 is there number.

• Like 1