Sign in to follow this  

Gas Tank

I have 2006 Yamaha TTR-125L and there is dirt in the gas tank. I tried emptying the tank but that didnt do anything. Does anyone know a more efficient way to clean out the tank?

Remove the petcock and drain it from that hole.

Fill it with some soapy water, swish it around and repeat till it's clean. Rinse with clear water till there's no more soapy residue.

Set it in the sun to dry. Since it's plastic, you won't have to worry about the water damaging the tank.

You should probably spray a little carb cleaner through the petcock too, just to make sure it's clean. Dirt can get past the filter on the petcock.

I just bought this bike and the guy left the tank full of gas for two years. Look what happens. IMG_6043.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6041.jpg

Thanks rsstom :):D:worthy::ride::banghead:

carburetor cleaner and a wire brush:thumbsup:

I would but as it turned out the element was ripped and Yamaha doesnt just sell the filters so I had to buy a brand new petcock kit which was only $20. Pretty cheap I think. And yes it was nasty.

As far as cleaning the tank my favorite method is a pint of Laquer Thinner and a hand full of nuts and bolts then SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!!!

surprisingly that is cheap. i didnt know yamha made a part under $20.00 👍

:worthy: no kidding.

Shit the oil fill bolt for the TT-R was like $22 when I needed a new one. I broke the original

BrokenboltII.jpg

👍 no kidding.

Shit the oil fill bolt for the TT-R was like $22 when I needed a new one. I broke the original

BrokenboltII.jpg

ooohhh you said "STAR-STAR-STAR-STAR". I got a warning for saying that word :worthy:

that sucks, atleast Yamaha's don't really break, so there price is justified? I've only bought a front axle nute, and a oil filter(another sub 20 dollar part, 7 dollars)

HYR gave me a free front axle nipple screw. Yeah, thats what I call cheap OEM