Sign in to follow this  

Gas and Mx racing

hi, when I race, not when I practice I get my belly full of gas that seems it`s going to explode. Could be nerves? I do more than 50 races / year and doubt its nerves......Its painful to land after a jump with your belly full of gas....... what could be the best food for racing mx accounting my problem? I've tried everything I think...

I know it can be funny but its really a pain in the neck to ruin your races because of this. Thanks in advance for your help

hi, when I race, not when I practice I get my belly full of gas that seems it`s going to explode. Could be nerves? I do more than 50 races / year and doubt its nerves......Its painful to land after a jump with your belly full of gas....... what could be the best food for racing mx accounting my problem? I've tried everything I think...

I know it can be funny but its really a pain in the neck to ruin your races because of this. Thanks in advance for your help

I would say its good to eat pasta a few hours before a race, it gives you energy, and then if you get hungry like some fruits like bananas or something, but what do i know:prof:

unfortunately I tried pasta, used to eat pasta salad before racing and didn't work......well, bread is even worse, i tried only fruit and only drinks like gatorade but I felt very hungry and lack of energy...

thanks, more ideas will be wellcomed

tried plain pasta?

mmmmm, no, I add vinegar and an olive oil dressing, I'll give it a try

thanks

I know this is a simple response, but have you tried gasX? I get some pretty gnarly bouts of gas for unknown reasons. Sometimes I think it's diet and other times it could be stress. Just don't know why. GasX is my savior more than not. It's cheap and available in the grocery store. I would try it. But I have found the green capsules work better than the red ones (maximum strength). The relief is amazing.

Another thing that I find comforts me is mint. Any thing with mint oil in it soothes the stomach. good luck.

I'm sure you're not out partying hard the night before a race, but I know a lot of (less serious racers) guys that'll have a few beers in the campground the night before a race. For me I get really bad gas when I drink, even a couple beers. If I don't drink for a couple days it goes away completely.