Sign in to follow this  

08 Oil Check plug Stripped

I had my 08 RM-Z 450 in to get the case replacement done and when I went to change the oil today I found that when it was in they stripped the plug when they put it back in. I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a check plug replacement, preferably with out a hex head style fastener. I looked around and a lot are oil filler caps and brake reservoir caps but can't find a check plug (I'm willing to buy a kit if it comes in the kit). But other than trying to get another OEM plug I am coming up short. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Dude thats what I hate about having dealers work on my bikes.They do shit like that and pretend they didnt do it.I whent over mine with a fine tooth comb when I had mine done.I think it pissed off the service mgr but oh well.

Ya its a pain but i knew it was going to happen at some point because small allen keys like to strip out. I am thinking i might just grind a notch in it so i can use a flathead screwdriver on it for now and find anything other than a damn allen head plug to replace it.

I believe Zip-Ty carries one. From what a dealer told me they aren't doing case replacements on the 08's they are supposed to be swapping in whole new motors from suzuki.

Either tap it the next size larger or buy a helicoil. I opted for the helicoil.

I believe Zip-Ty carries one. From what a dealer told me they aren't doing case replacements on the 08's they are supposed to be swapping in whole new motors from suzuki.

On show room units only.If you allready own it they do the case swap.

The threads in the case are fine its the plug that stripped out. the allen head is now an "O" shape.I just need a new plug or modify my plug to make it work again.

I would say then your best bet would be to see if somebody locally could match the size, if you could i would use it still just to get by until you get a oem one in it.

The threads in the case are fine its the plug that stripped out. the allen head is now an "O" shape.I just need a new plug or modify my plug to make it work again.

Zip-ty racing