Sign in to follow this  

Wheelie gone bad

I'm an idiot. :)

Yesterday I switched from my 17"s to the 18"/ 21" sportsman setup while I am waiting on back ordered tires. So I go to a spot this afternoon that I can practice wheelies and stoppies with the new /old package and get the thing so high I loop it. :D Crap! I almost saved the dang thing but no foot covering the rear brake means no way to get it down. You would think after 40 years of riding (mostly not like an idiot) I would know that.

Super minimal damage but now I need a tail light cover.

Anybody got a stock tail light cover or tail light assembly they wanna part with?

PreCrash photo:

36Tail-side-web.jpg

DRZ-crash-tail.jpg

You got lucky. That's not too bad. Were you able to catch it, or did it fall on it's side?

I should have the taillight lens cover and housing in my box of stuff I will never use again. Send me your mailing address. I will mail it out on Mon or Tues. You can send me a check for the shipping when you get around to it.

Glad to hear that is all the damage you incurred.

I'm an idiot. :)

Yesterday I switched from my 17"s to the 18"/ 21" sportsman setup while I am waiting on back ordered tires. So I go to a spot this afternoon that I can practice wheelies and stoppies with the new /old package and get the thing so high I loop it. :D Crap! I almost saved the dang thing but no foot covering the rear brake means no way to get it down. You would think after 40 years of riding (mostly not like an idiot) I would know that.

Super minimal damage but now I need a tail light cover.

Anybody got a stock tail light cover or tail light assembly they wanna part with?

PreCrash photo:

36Tail-side-web.jpg

DRZ-crash-tail.jpg

Where in CA are you?

You got lucky. That's not too bad. Were you able to catch it, or did it fall on it's side?

I ran with it for a few feet and then it got sideways on me. Dropped it on the right side going about 5 mph. The rear brake lever cracked my clutch cover...again. Just scratched my hand guard, bent the bars a bit . Everything else but the rear hugger and the tail light went unscathed. I fixed it all when I got home. New lens and I'm back in bizness.

Thanks for the offers. I sent N1atEcon a pm.

The rear hugger took a good hit as well as the plate and holder. I banged them all back out and repainted before I took that shot. Pretty lucky..again.

I have been riding 40 years. I have had that DRZ for about 2. It has got me in more damn trouble than all the bikes I have had all my life combined. :D It's also been the most fun bike I ever owned.:)

Get an Edge taillight and you won't be breaking that monster stocker again! (plus, it looks way better!)

Get an Edge taillight and you won't be breaking that monster stocker again! (plus, it looks way better!)

I second that...

The good news about a modded stocker is there are a boatload of takeoffs siting around. I would be bummed if I broke up that nice Edge unit.:)

Big Public Thanks to fellow TTr Steve S for sending me a perfect tail light lens. :worthy:

I am back in bizness. 👍

You gota love this place:thumbsup:

LOL, yep, I was too cheap to just "waste" the money on the Edge tail light, but had the perfect excuse to get one after busting my stock lens, base, and one blinker.

I still got one if needed, SCasey how are the stock blinkers I sent you?

Good. That's one of them in the shot with the missing lens.