Sign in to follow this  

front caliper seals

ok

i ordered front caliper seals for the hrbrid. i used the part number in the 2001 kx125. i got em today and are too big. they are made for a piston with a 28ishmm diameter. the pistons in the kx caliper measures out to 22.6... weird, i think my dial caliper batt was dying so we will call it 23mm. i called eric and he measured his to be 23mm, but he is unsure of the year. i decided to look up the 1999 part number and they are different, as are the calipers. but different in what way? basically what this all comes down to is what dam caliper i have. its defffinatly kx, but what year? the dam dealership is being:censored: and wont order more unless i know for sure that they are 99' ,they were no help either. i called about 5 dealerships, no one knew anything except the part no. i talked to mechanics and they told me to go to a forum! go figure. i can order more for almost $40 a set, but if they are wrong, i will basically have an $80, 8 peice, o-ring assortment.

i got a stainless line, and it isnt right either. i compared 99 and 01 oem part numbers and they are different as well. but russel (the brand of brake line i got) has the same part number for 99-02 kx125/250. so maybe i have a 98 generation caliper? i looked at the o-rings for the 98 and they are the same as the 99's. now im really starting to get confused. i was gonna compare the 98 brake line to the rest, but my brain hurts.... plz help...... kdx where are you

who has a 98 they can take a pic of the front hose routoing and where it connects to the master, and caliper?

EDIT: i just looked throught the garage and found a 98 and the front brake line is quite different

EDIE the EDIT: lol i just found another 98 that has the style of line and caliper i have. ***!!!!!!!!!!

i have a 98 250 and the brake line i got from russell was too short and didn't fit properly around the caliper. i was assured it's the correct line though. it only lasted a few weeks. i won't buy anything from them again. got a galfer line now that fits way better.

there are two styles for the front brake line, standard and shorty (cr) style. the cr style doesn't route around the bottom of the caliper.

i have a 98 250 and the brake line i got from russell was too short and didn't fit properly around the caliper. i was assured it's the correct line though. it only lasted a few weeks. i won't buy anything from them again. got a galfer line now that fits way better.

there are two styles for the front brake line, standard and shorty (cr) style. the cr style doesn't route around the bottom of the caliper.

yea i noticed that, the line is long enough, the banjo bolt fitting just doesnt have the 90 degree bend in it to go around the bottom of the caliper, mor like an off angle 15-30 degree bend

Sean I looked in my stash of ebay parts and I have 2 front brake calipers and 1 has the 28esh pistons and 1 has the 23esh pistons. I don't know what year each are from. My 28esh 1 is older looking and has the Honda style line. Sorry I can't help more.

Ed

Sean I looked in my stash of ebay parts and I have 2 front brake calipers and 1 has the 28esh pistons and 1 has the 23esh pistons. I don't know what year each are from. My 28esh 1 is older looking and has the Honda style line. Sorry I can't help more.

Ed

from everything i looked at the line routung is arbitarry. meaning is has nothing to do with year or model, just whatever happened to be on the parts shelves at the factory. the piston size has got to be year specific

Do you have the parts you ordered, or did you take them back? Either way, what are the part numbers (and not the reference numbers :) )?

I have a couple of Fastline brake lines. I think one is 1994 - 1996, and one is 1997 - 2000.

Do you have the parts you ordered, or did you take them back? Either way, what are the part numbers (and not the reference numbers :) )?

I have a couple of Fastline brake lines. I think one is 1994 - 1996, and one is 1997 - 2000.

no, i still have em

i thijnk i have the brake line figured out

the ones i have in my possesion

2001 kx125 inner: 43049-1060

outer: 42049-1061

the ones i think i need

1999 kx125 inner: 43049-1080

outer: 92049-1447