Sign in to follow this  

2002 cr 80 idle problem

my cr 80 has a very bad problem when i start it up it strats to rev on ist own but after about 2 minutes it goes to a normal low idle. i dont know what the problem is? and also after i rev the bike a little it stays at a high idle for about ten seconds after i gas it but then goes back to a perfect idle. i dont know what is wrong what could my problem be. i know my throttle is not stuck and i just got a new throttle tube.

When you twist the throttle, and release it, does it snap back to closed?

Have you cleaned the carb? Maybe the slide is gummed up.

my cr 80 has a very bad problem when i start it up it strats to rev on ist own but after about 2 minutes it goes to a normal low idle. i dont know what the problem is? and also after i rev the bike a little it stays at a high idle for about ten seconds after i gas it but then goes back to a perfect idle. i dont know what is wrong what could my problem be. i know my throttle is not stuck and i just got a new throttle tube.

how cold is out when you first start it because if the bike is cold it will idle a little bit higher than what its set. and how you said it idles high for 10 seconds maybe your idle is set to high not allowing it to come down as quickly:excuseme:

my old 02 80 does the same thing,do u hav any mods or have it leaned out.i hthink the jets in my 80 are MAIN 120 Pilot Not sure wat number but its one size smaller,Air screw is 2.5 and clip postion on the needle is 2nd. does it do it the worst when its colder.i no on my 80 the colder it was the higher it reved.