Sign in to follow this  

power valve(exhaust valve) help A.S.A.P PLEASE

:) I got an 06 rm 250 and i wanted to tighten the power valve spring so the power band did not kick in so fast and when i loosened it the spring went counter clock wise and it was real loose now i know from the past if it is to loose it will put the valves into the piston it cost my friend almost 600 bucks to fix and i have a book for a 95 250 but do not know if there the same 11 years latter is all i need to know from the loose point how many turns do i make to put it back to factory PLEASE AND THANK YOU :D

Turn the spring tensioner until you feel the slightest bit of tension(about a 1/4 turn). the knob should be in line with the 2 bolts. then turn it an additional 180 degrees and tighten. the knob should still be in line with the bolts.

good luck.

the way the cylinder is made, there is no way spring pressure will cause the PV to hit the piston.

try 1 turn to begin with.

Turn the spring tensioner until you feel the slightest bit of tension(about a 1/4 turn). the knob should be in line with the 2 bolts. then turn it an additional 180 degrees and tighten. the knob should still be in line with the bolts.

good luck.

for the 06 this is correct. 180* from tension.

if youre gonna mess with it from there, dont go more than 90* counterclockwise or 180* clockwise. :)

for the 06 this is correct. 180* from tension.

if youre gonna mess with it from there, dont go more than 90* counterclockwise or 180* clockwise. :p

Ok I have been on this RM250 for a year now and i want the power ban to kick in faster witch way do I turn it ? clockwise or counterclockwise? it is in the stock posiceion now

Counterclockwise will let the powerband hit quicker, but at the sacrifice of some low end torque. I'd go an 1/8 turn at a time until you like the results. Not more then 1/2 turn total (from stock position).