Sign in to follow this  

Riding this winter

Any ideas about riding this winter in the greater Portland area?

With the loss of Hindsight indoor MX we still have about 5 weeks at Clark County indoor fairgrounds,

Outside couple of Woodland rides and the sand track at Longview (that i wish had jumps).

PIR sure got better after they brought in all that sand to mix in with their dirt. Might they run a winter series?

Any information on the Riverdale track is it water tolerant?

More ideas for the daily rain season to come?

D

heres one for you. the last couple years i have been hauling my buddies bikes down to phoenix arizona, and picking them up at the airport. this year i want to pick them up on friday afternoon, ride saturday, go to the phoenix supercross, ride more on sunday, then take them back to the airport sunday evening. unless they want to stay a few more days. arizona in january is epic.

clark county, woodland can be epic two practices last season were PRIMO in the wet season lot of fun! riverdale stays pretty good in the rain and you dont slide around too much, same w ith longview sandtrack we hit up longview today(first ride back from ACL replacement) it was OK maint rack still doesnt impress me but it was groomed and watered sand track was OK but it's $25 to ride now whats with everyone getting all expensive :)

I'm glad I live on the east side starting in sept. I got horn rapids and toes to look forward to all of the fall and spring and even some winter days

That really can't count as riding in the North West during winter. But count me in again. Maybe we can try Pima this time too?

Any ideas about riding this winter in the greater Portland area?

Same places I rode last Winter...

Pics credit to pdx_munkel... out of D.Mill...

lineofbikes.jpg

dm3518.jpg

dm3520.jpg

dm3521.jpg

dm3522.jpg

Good times, good buds, epic conditions... rides that you never forget.

Different trip, a little further South...

Shotgun Creek... Pic credits to nw scout...

The slickest mud I've ever ridden... red-brown ice...

ShotgunRooster03-30-08.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

We hit some snow still...

IMG_1914.jpg

I think i must have ridden there the same day :)

we managed to ride year round last year, it never snows enough in oregon to warrant skipping a ride!

Does anyone have any news on Hindsight's search for a new building/location? Clark Co fairgrounds if fine, but it only covers 5-6 weeks (and will be busy without Hindsight). I hope they find some new digs, I HATE F-ING MUD!!!