Sign in to follow this  

Looking For Riders In Southern Ohio Wayne Nat. Forest

I am a student down at Ohio University and live 15 miles south of the Dorr Run trail head north of Nelsonville. I usually ride 3-4 times a week, but have yet to find anyone to ride with. Just wondering if there are any southern ohio dual sporters or any other riders out there ! I am the guy who wrestles the Dr650 through the trails :)

Let me know if you want to plan a ride!

I live about 1 hour west of Athens. I have only ridden in WNF once, at the trailhead near Nelsonville. Really enjoyed it. Sold my CRF 230 last year, bought a Husky TE250 this year and then got a "temporary" assignment to Anchorage, AK from my employer. Unfortunately AK is a good jumping off point to fly freight to Asia, and I got stuck doing it. I'd like to have someone to ride with also, but it may be next year before I can get back to OH long enough to go riding.

I am a student down at Ohio University and live 15 miles south of the Dorr Run trail head north of Nelsonville. I usually ride 3-4 times a week, but have yet to find anyone to ride with. Just wondering if there are any southern ohio dual sporters or any other riders out there ! I am the guy who wrestles the Dr650 through the trails :)

damn dude, a DR650? I thought a 400 was too heavy. You make me feel like a VA j j...lol

Haha, nah its not to bad. Just gotta stay in the power and let the bike do the work. Anyway, do you live down here drztony? and do you ride the forest often? I take it you ride a drz400.. haha, let me know if you wanna get a ride together. It is super nice during the week because the crowds mostly come on the weekends and it can get pretty crazy. I will be riding everyday this week most likely so let me know if you want to meet up sometime. NOtilt im sorry to here that your moving away from some great trails, but you gotta do what you gotta do. let me know when you get back as I have two more years down here! so does the bike get to go north? ha

Thanks for the replies!

Welcome to TT Clark. Jump on the Perry thread and say hey. Good group of guys and welcome new riders to the group.

2nd that on the Perry thread. We just went to Perry yesterday which is only 20 miles or so from Wayne. Maybe we could ride together sometime.

Lots of good riding coming up this month. Check out the link for the Nutcracker 200 National Dual Sport and National Adventure Ride the weekend of Sept. 27/28 http://www.kaeppnerswoods.com/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&Itemid=4&agid=19&year=2008&month=09&day=27

I live outside Athens and tried to ride at Wayne every other week if I can find someone to ride with. PM me and we'll see if we can get a ride together.

I'm in Athens as well. Recent graduate of OU. I took my first ride in Wayne National last weekend.

Drop me an email at wolfed2@ohio.edu if you're planning on riding. I'm on an 04 Husqvarna TE250.

Last week I buzzed around by myself and eventually followed two guys on DRZ400s. Marshall and John, good guys.

The guy who started this thread, Estube, and myself will be riding the Long Ridge trails at Wayne this Sunday morning. You and anybody else are welcome to join us. Let me know and we'll figure out when and where to meet.