Sign in to follow this  

help me decide about my bike...

I have had my 2002 yz426f listed on craigslist for the past month or so and i just got an offer of 1900 dollars for it. The guy put a deposit of 500 on it untill he can get to the bank on monday. Now im starting to have sellers remorse. Hearing it haul *ssss down the road makes me wonder if i should sell it. I spent the past couple of monthes and basically rebuilt it from the ground up with powdecoated parts and some other things. I was wanting to sell it to upgrade to a newer 450 b/c the 426 just did not seem to feel right when i was jumping it. It never seemed balanced to me. So here are my questions...

The bike is almost perfect but needs tires NOW ( i even bought some and i have not put them on..they will not be given with the purchase of the bike)and could use a new set of sprockets and a chain.....

Would you guys realistically sell this bike for 1900$ if it was yours???

Can i upgrade to a newer 450(preferably yamaha) for around 2000$?

AM i doing the right thing????

I need help making my decision...THANKS

100_0659.jpg

100_0657.jpg

100_0656.jpg

100_0654.jpg

100_0653.jpg

100_0649.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0647.jpg

100_0645.jpg

100_0644.jpg

nice clean bike. If it is in as good condition mechanically as it is aesthetically, I would just hold on to it. You'll be hard-pressed to find a 450 in as good of shape for 2k. One thing I noticed....is your subframe bent? It looks cocked to the right in the last pic pretty badly.

alright. thanks for the input. I did notice that. It mst be the angle. Bike is completly straight and never been wrecked.

yea, i know. I was trying to get feedback quick b/c i only have a day to decide if i am going to let it go or not.

As much as I hate to say it, you already made a deal to sell it and you should honor the deal you made. If the guy hadn't left a deposit it would be another story, but since he left money you have to consider as good as sold.....

Sweet bike though!

yea, i am probably going to go through with it. Not just for the fact that he left the money but for the fact that i want something a little newer.

I say bent subframe also ,if you look at last pic near the seat/fender area the fender is already pointed to right then by end of fender it's way off.It could be a hard fall over not a big wreck.6 yr old bike must been down a few bad?

I say bent subframe also ,if you look at last pic near the seat/fender area the fender is already pointed to right then by end of fender it's way off.It could be a hard fall over not a big wreck.6 yr old bike must been down a few bad?

NO NO NO... there is nothing bent on the bike at all. Its the camera angle. I did not even notice it in the pics but when the buyer called he asked about it and i had no idea untill i looked at the pics afterwards. The subframe is not bent at all ... JUst somehow looks like it in the pic...dont ask me how b/c i cant figure it out...:)

what year 450 are u trying to get? 03-05 can be found pretty cheap on craigslist. 06 and on tend to bring more money

what year 450 are u trying to get? 03-05 can be found pretty cheap on craigslist. 06 and on tend to bring more money

yes. probably 2003-2005. I wanted an aluminum frame bike but i wont be able to afford a 2006 yamaha and i dont think i can force myself to try a honda. Yamaha has been too reliable for me to switch.