Sign in to follow this  

Bars bent?

After coming off trying to get up a hill, front end felt out of alignment, Bars or something bent? Riding back felt weird? Looking at the bars (TAG metals) they don’t look bent. Further riding didn’t feel so bad! So don’t know if its in my mind! The bike didn’t roll down a cliff or anything, it was a just simple drop very, low impact! Does anyone have any ideas of how to check if bars or front end is out of wack?

Loosen up the triple clamp bolts on the forks(support the bike), handle bar bolts and move the bars back to where you like them. Then tighten everything back up.

It takes a lot to bend bars, I have done this many times and they come back in alignment.

To check it I would get a straight edge (long board maybe) from both sides of the rear wheel, make sure the front is even between them and see if the bars are at a neutral position. If it is not see previous two posts.

yeah sometimes the front tire turns slightly when you lay them down. The bars will also twist oddly, loosen the handle bar clamps up, loosen the triple clamps up re adjust everything and tighten it all back down.

Just bought an 04 for my son and noticed that the right bar clamp is slightly bent back. Took me a few minutes to figure out because something didn't look right. Look at the clamps and see how they line up with the top of the triple clamp near the gas tank.