Sign in to follow this  

Idler gear and acr mod

Hey does anyone know the spec that the diameter shoud be in the idler gear?? Jerry at fsw replaced my cams with used ones and i don't think he retimed the acr. Any ways i ordered a brand new idler gear and installed it and it still has a wobble. The old one is still in good shape so i want to bring it to a machine shop and have a new bushing pressed in. What diameter and material should i ask for?? Also jerry redid my whold top ends and bored it to a 331 i know they should be a little harder to kick but it feels like it used to before the acr was done. Brewster you still around?? maybe i'll send you my cam in t he winter so you can check it out (with some beer money of course) The kick starter seems to skip sometimes, Has anyone had problems with the kisck start gear that the idler gear comes in contact with?? How hard is it to replace that one? do the cases need to be split??

Do some searching here. I believe someone (BurnRider?) posted a drawing of the bushing with dimensions.

All the starter parts are can be reached by removing the right side case. Main case does not have to be split.

Hey does anyone know the spec that the diameter shoud be in the idler gear??

The shaft that the gear rides on seems to be 17mm (0.66929") in diameter.

. Brewster you still around?? maybe i'll send you my cam in the winter so you can check it out.

Yup, I'm still hanging around and doing the ACR mods. If you want photos of the ACR position before and after the mod, send me a PM with your regular email address.

Ride on

Brewster