Sign in to follow this  

ahhh drowned my bike

I had my filter off to clean my airbox I put paper towels inside my boot and installed my airbox wash lid well the airbox came squeky clean I pulled the wash lid and the paper towels were soaked. I Figured that maybe a little water got by so i drained my carb and it was filled with water. I installed a new filter then flushed my carb then attempted to start my bike 60 kicks later is starts and runs fine but I can see water spitting at the tip of my two bros pipe so i'm freaking out. I shut down the bike bring it in and check the oil and it's Michael Jackson white. What should I do the bike has like 2 hours on it. Whats the chance any engine damage could occur. I'm contemplating tearing down the enigne and building a full out race motor but don't want to If it's not needed. I flushed the oil once and the new oil was somewhat normal I'm leaving the bolts out overnight to drain all oil then in the morning I'm gonna get a gallon of rotella and flush like a bastard. does this sound good.

Did you ride it with the water in the oil? If you did, that could potentially cause some damage.

But what you need to do is pick up a bunch of cheap 10w40 auto oil (non energy conserving) and keep changing your oil till it comes out nice and clean. Just run the bike for a couple of minutes before dumping it.

Then after you have all of the water flushed out of the system, you can proceed to fill it with some good oil --- Rotella T 15w40.

You'll be fine, just flush it a few times like 250f rider said. Dont do that again!!!

You'll be fine, just flush it a few times like 250f rider said. Dont do that again!!!

^+1

I didn't ride it I started it for 1-2 minutes then shut it off and then realized the oil was white

not that you've been spank.gif

yeah it probably wasn't alot of water because after the second flush the oil looks very good I'll flush it 4 more times then ride it for an hour then change it again