Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Flush Mount Tail Light-Wallmart? Autozone?

As my xrl engine is apart waiting for some goodies, I finally got around to removing the stock tail light assembly and am looking for a replacement flush mount model.

Aside from what I think is high cost, it appears that WPS and UFO models are back ordered for a few months.

Are these kind of lights available at Wallmart, Autozone, or Napa? Anyone had any luck with sourcing these from automotive/truck/rv applications? I tried my local Strauss but they had didn't have much of a selection.

Thanks.

-Scott

Scott,

I'm not on my personal computer so uploadin pics won't help, butt.. I found that the Meier tail light looks great. It fits under a Boraggo rack and buttons up the rear end nicely.. I believe, without checking my records, that it was about 25 bucks. Yes, I first went down the walmart/autozone road. The selection sucks and if you want to make it look half way good, pony up the $ for an after market. Just my 2 cents.

Jim

:)

if you want to make it look half way good, pony up the $ for an after market. Just my 2 cents.

Jim

:)

Amen to that. :D

I run a Baja Designs. Looks good and mounts under the fender rear edge.

Amen to that. :)

I run a Baja Designs. Looks good and mounts under the fender rear edge.

Gearloos,

How do you like your baja design setup? I read on some other threads that it had a tendancy to come loose and break when riding off road. Overall opinion from owners was that it was a waste of money since it needed replacing after a few rides. I'm leary of bolting a large plastic apparatus to the bottom of the fender for this reason.

My current plans are to source an enduro style light to bolt onto my existing fender and then fabricate a license plate holder to also directly bolt onto the fender.

-Scott

-Scott