Sign in to follow this  

Southern Colorado Riding

I am spending my summer here in Alamosa Colorado for an internship and brought my klx 650 r, if there is anyone that rides or knows of any riding spots, info would be helpful.

There is a ton of great riding not too far to the north from Alamosa. Probably the closest is in the Salide/Buena Vista area. There are some of the great classic dual sport rides in that area. There are famous passes like Tincup, Hancock, Tomechee, the Four-Mile area and lots of other stuff. A great book that is actually a 4X4 guide is perhaps the best source for many trails in the area. It's by Charles Wells and covers everything south of I-70. You don't have a whole lot of summer left in some of those areas, but the riding is some of the best.

BTW, I just got back from riding the Silverton/Ouray/Lake City area on my KLR650 for the last 10 days. I'd post a couple of pics of some of the areas I'm talking about, but this site won't let me post pics for some reason. We just had the ADV (Adventure Rider site) rally at Lake City, and the riding was great.