May end up being Abe Lincoln.

My buddy ex KTM factory rider who's 02' DRZ that I now own. He tells me that crashing builds character, after today I may end up being Abe Lincoln. I took my DRZ off road today on some tight technical roots, and rock. 13 miles around 1.5 hours:ride:. It has shown all of my many weakness such as arms ,legs, cardio, and general rider ability. But for some reason I cant stop SMILING !!!?

Crashed hard 4 times only ego and one mirror that should have been removed were damaged. But their were many missed opportunities, such as the couple of times my feet were trying to reach the handlebars. Only to be saved by the down hill speed" Way too fast " and the death grip on the bars:eek: . Somehow squealing like a little girl seemed to help avoid crashes as much as anything! Seriously if I can figure out how to loft the front wheel enough to keep the front wheel up a little I could help things a bit. My wife was able to follow me at a distance on the four wheeler easy enough by straddling the ruts that were giving me such a hard time. I would say the not having a clutch helped her as much as the four wheel drive. We may get a chance to go back maybe this weekend. As it gets closer to hunting season the hunters will help clear the trails and make it easier to carry momentum up hills. That would be more riding and less pushing for me:thumbsup: .