Sign in to follow this  

Making it Street Legal in Tennessee

Have any of you ever gone through the process of legalizing an off road bike for the street in Tennessee? We're currently living in Florida, where it is impossible to do, but will be moving to middle Tennessee next year. My Honda has "For Off Road Use Only" on the title, so the Florida DOT here will not allow it.

Just wondering if it can be done in Tennessee.

Thanks,

Mark

Did you ever have any luck with this? I am trying to do the same here in Knox County with no luck.

amad,

We got stuck here in Florida with the housing crunch, so have not made a move to TN. Without a TN address, I could not pursue it, and FL still will not allow dirt bike to street bike conversions. I was told to find a more rural DMV, and with friendly persuasion, you can sometimes get a dirt bike licensed. All the DOT conversion work would have to be done.

Also, contact Keith at Caps Cycles (423) 968-9241. He apparently knows some of the ins and out of TN conversions.

Also, if you know of anyone in Arkansas, that is a very friendly state for doing conversions. I can give you more info on that at your request.

Hope this helps,

Mark