Sign in to follow this  

the zuk man needs some help

hey guys,my bro got a 1993 softail classic harley.he didnt get a manual with the bike. he needs to know what weight of oil do you run in the transmission and the weight of oil for the primary. i appreciate the help of anyone...thanx,zuk:thumbsup:

if u want my opinion id run the redline shock proof heavy in the tranny and redline MTL in the primary and the redline 20w-60w hd in the motor. thats what i run . except in my 71 i run straight 60w in the motor

...dude I used to get confused when it came to changing the oils in my HOG...now I run either Harley's SYN3 or AMSOIL....the engine, primary and tranny work with these oils...

The oil with a color that matches his driveway best. J/K

It cost's a little more, but you can run the H-D syn3 in all three places and keep it simple.

DONT RUN SYN 3 IN ALL THREE PLACES.. when have you ever heard of running engine oil in a gear box . i work at a harley shop and ive seen trannys get wasted from syn3 in the tranny lots of times . harley isnt even advertising it to be used that way anymore. the primary isnt so picky its just a chain case with a clutch as long as the oil is safe for clutches you can really run what ever in there . go to harleytechtalk@groups.msn.com if you wanna read more about it . theres a bunch of threads about oil on that forum .