Sign in to follow this  

Supercross de Reuver is talking....

racerx did another interview with him....doesnt sound like he's talking smack....

Theres no need to get your panties up in a bunch, none of us are underestimating the speed of other countires, and none of us have run down deruever, we just implied that it was not the smartest of things to be talking smack and motivating our guys even more, without even proving themselves beforehand. Look at reardon, He was supposed to be the next big thing.. now hes nothing but the next big lapper. 👍

Again you are twisting around a few words and missing the context. He is not talking smack as far as I can see. And I don't think anyone really expected too much from Reardon, at least not from this part of the World.

I have to jump in here and defend our foregin TT members and deRuever in that his statement isn't smack talk. He does sound confident, but not arrogant or cocky. Nothing wrong with being confident with your own abilities and looking forward to getting a chance to see where you stack up.

he can be hit or miss at the gp's, so its anyone's guess where in the top 5 he'll end up. probably dnf-3 which would be typical for him lol

I think Stewart has him, but it is great for him to come over here, and spice up the racing a bit. Whether or not he was talking smack or not, it should be an awesome race!

I would even bet that they would beat him if they rode thier 250Fs in the 450s 👍

so far u are full of it...

they are getting a 3 second beating

He is second fastest in practice. Looks like he could already know where he stands.

Im impressed, cant take that away from him. Lets see how he races though. Never heard of him, got some peoples attention now though with that time.

hopefully he can do the same tomorrow......a lot of skeptics are now gonna be holding their breath perhaps.....

its good to see him create a stir. it makes the open class more interesting. right.

also check out martin barr from little old northern ireland in the lites. q'd 8th i think. to give you an idea of his pedigree he's racing for between 10 to 15 in the gp's so well done young lad. he's just coming off an injury too. if the top gp and us guys raced in one series the racing would be wowwwww.

just for discussion, what if stewart dnf's and de r has two wins. how would that go down state side????

I have to jump in here and defend our foregin TT members and deRuever in that his statement isn't smack talk. He does sound confident, but not arrogant or cocky. Nothing wrong with being confident with your own abilities and looking forward to getting a chance to see where you stack up.

+1.. any good racer should have confidence....

I bleed Red, White and Blue. I will NEVER root for ANY foreigner that is in direct competition with anyone from the USA.

I hope he gets his butt kicked.

Go americans!👍

just for discussion, what if stewart dnf's and de r has two wins. how would that go down state side????

Depends on him. If he's a good guy and humble, I've not seen anything to indicate otherwise it will go down just like when riders like Langston or Townley or the good overseas riders from years past like Albertyn or Tortelli before him have won. We like good people that are winners.

If he's a douchebag like Reed, it won't go so well. We don't like idiots that come here with an attitude.

Not as of this morning, De Reuver is second quickest behind Bubba, including the 250 guys. He's certainly backing up his interview answers, that's for sure...

Non affro-americans will get their butts kicked by De Ruever ! :busted:👍:worthy:

Watched the web cast, on the podium he said he was suprised and whipped by the pace, not something he's used to running. Didn't sound too confident on being on the podium for the 2nd moto. He gave a good showing in the first moto though.

Yeah he was funny as hell in the interview... especially when he said

"I am destroyed".

I hope he does well, podium, for the second moto.