Sign in to follow this  

Problems starting 06 250f

Ok, so I already posted on here about my carb, but I have completely cleaned my carb (took all jets out and cleaned them and cleaned the carb) and the bike still wont start if I dont give it gas. Even after I start it I have to warm it up for a few minutes by keeping a steady rev before it will idle. Also, it wont start at all with the choke on. Does anyone know what this means? Is my choke stuck somehow? Is my fuel/air mixture off? :)

Any help would be great!

are the valves in spec??? if they are not thats your problem they are probably to tight....

Havent checked the valves. Can they shift after one ride? It was running fine then the next time I went to ride it wouldnt run right. Maybe that is it. I'll have to open her up. Thanks!

Check the valves. It is not that they change after one ride, rather they very slowly over time, change. Just like a neighbors barking dog, there comes a point when you have had enough. With valves, the clearance slowly goes away and there comes a point when they are just too tight.

I was playing with the fuel screw over the weekend and I dont think that is it. I think it must be the valves as I just cant think of anything else it could be. I am going to check the clearence as see what the deal is tonight. Thanks for everyone's help.

Will do, havent had a chance to work on it yet. This whole work thing really gets in the way!!

Just to let everyone know, it was my intake valves. They had no clearance when I checked them (all three). Cant believe I could even get it to start! But I re-shimmed them and it starts first kick. Thanks for everyone's help!