i cant bump start a 4 stroke? help me?

ive got a 2002 yz 250f with the manual compression realease on it and well i try to bumb start in down hills and i click it into second clutch out give it throttle you know but my wheel always lock up is there a way to do it ive always ridding 125s and 250 2ts

and once a kx 500 ? never get on one of those things coming off a 125! scared me shitless lol

ive got a 2002 yz 250f with the manual compression realease on it and well i try to bumb start in down hills and i click it into second clutch out give it throttle you know but my wheel always lock up is there a way to do it ive always ridding 125s and 250 2ts

and once a kx 500 ? never get on one of those things coming off a 125! scared me shitless lol

You can try 3rd gear or as you release the clutch jump down on your bike at the same time.

i've never had any trouble bump starting my 2002 yz250f. Everything in the motor is stock, so it shouldn't be any different then your's. Make sure you are completely dumping the clutch when you do it, not letting it out slowly. Right as you let it out give the seat a hard bump with your ass to give the rear tire a little extra traction. 2ed gear worked fine for me, even in sand dunes.

then ur bike had problems.. u do not have to pull in the decomp lever to bump start..

all u do is find a hill.. go down it with a decent amount of speed.. click it into 3rd or 4th and ur bike should fire up..

My 426 does not have problems and it also requires the use of the compression release. These bikes did not have an auto decompression until the 450 in 03'. To bump start a 250/400/426 without auto decompression you must do as Hempstead said. Roll down a hill in 2nd or 3rd with the clutch and compression release pulled in. Once up to speed let out the clutch first then the compression realease and the bike should fire.