Sign in to follow this  

i need help quick

ok i have a 2001 cr125 and i was at the track thursday when my bike stalled. i tried kickin it and white smoke surrounded me. i heard little clicking before when riding but i thought it was my loose disk guard because only 1 of 2 bolts is in. i later found out that my radiator hose lost the clamp and all the coolant was gone and it overheated. i brought it to a local shop real quick and they told me i might need a new engine and all. but i went home, zip tied the hose and filled it up with coolant. it started in 3 kicks but pours white smoke when in the low rpms but not in high. too much coolant or do i need new rings???

the weird thing i think is that usually the white smoke will escape from somewhere else than the exhaust right?? but all the smoke comes from the exhaust and it still smokes when the bike is off as if it was idling

warped head or head gasket problem, might have scorched piston too... tear down time.

i let some coolant out today and it barely smoked, like a 2t usually does but it still bogged a lot and had no snap of the bottom end like i remembered. it used to atleast accelerate. i was going no where for a while and it was just bogging and i was in 1st!!! just putt putt putt putt putt n then i fanned the clutch and it was all powerful and such

This is what you should NOT do....

just keep revvin the rice out of it...you'll enjoy it. Ya might even be able to break a skirt and get some aluminum pieces to fall down into your crankcase....

This is what you should do....stop starting it and fix it before you cost yourself bigtime.

Just my experience talking.

This is what you should NOT do....

just keep revvin the rice out of it...you'll enjoy it. Ya might even be able to break a skirt and get some aluminum pieces to fall down into your crankcase....

This is what you should do....stop starting it and fix it before you cost yourself bigtime.

Just my experience talking.

:)

Wish someone told me that when I was 16.

KDX 175 BANG! "SHE'S BROKEN" Piston, rings, barrel, Crank, left casing!

The repair bills were more than I payed for the bike. Eish!

:)

Wish someone told me that when I was 16.

KDX 175 BANG! "SHE'S BROKEN" Piston, rings, barrel, Crank, left casing!

The repair bills were more than I payed for the bike. Eish!

that's the joys of motorcycles.......parts/repair prices are crazy......