Sign in to follow this  

05 450 EXC starting and idling problems

Can someone help me figure out this strange problem i have?

Basically when the bike is cold with choke out... i kick it over like 8 times before it starts.... and with the choke out... i still have to keep my hand on the throttle so it doesn't die... A couple minutes when the bike gets warm... it's ok to let my hand off the throttle... with the choke out it revs high.... (like it should)....

put the choke in.... it almost dies... revs are quite low again...

So if i ride for 15-20 min and the bike get hot hot.... it starts up like a breeze and idles well... so when i Ride after the 15-20 min the idle is gets high.... like as if the choke was out..... until i put load on the engine to try and stall it out a little ... then the revs come back down to normal....

So When I'm going down hill or in tight terrain the idle is quite quick... i almost always have my clutch in.... it does make me faster though... lol

Please help!

my bike did something the same 05 525 mxc the camble that conects to the black wheel the idle adjuster was reel hard to turn.i had a hard time to adjust idle becouse it was so stiff to turn i think the cable would bind up.try ioling the cable that is for the idle.that helped my bike maintain a steady idle aslo a valve adj helped it too i think.