Sign in to follow this  

parts for new bikes

Does a left over 2007 crf250 need and parts new? my dealer said that the stock chain stretches out pretty fast so i might want to change that. is there anything else?

If you put a good O ring chain on before you ride the bike, the stock sprockets last a really long time. I am at 73.1 hrs on my stock sprockets with the Regina ORN6 O ring chain... The Regina chain is really good. The chain has hardly worn. OEM sprockets are more worn than the chain...

if your really ambitious tear down your motor before you enven start it and put in a JE installed dry

Deffinately change out the chain, I didn't and at 16 hours on the meter it just about needs a new chain :)

Deffinately change out the chain, I didn't and at 16 hours on the meter it just about needs a new chain :)

mabey when the first owners of my bike said it had about 20-25 houres on the bike thery werent lying:ride:

mabey when the first owners of my bike said it had about 20-25 houres on the bike thery werent lying:ride:

Nope, Bought it brand new of the dealer floor :)

i am so glad now, i thought they were lying...i thought it had way more cause the tire was wore down to the point where you would get no traction on dirt

On what Berm-saw said... The factory assembles these motors wet/ with oil -- with that method, the rings will never seat properly -- the motor will not run as strong as it should, and it will never be as clean as it should be inside. -- Without proper ring seal the motor can also smoke when cold if you give it some gas while warming up and can use oil.

Personally when the time comes that I upgrade to a newer model year, whether it be a year or two or three or four, (depends on $'s) I will tear down the motor before even riding it to do a minimum of re ringing the stock piston, honing the cylinder and assembling dry to ensure proper ring seal. Depending on the stock compression ratio of that year, I may even stick in a JE 13.5:1 piston right of the get go. -- I will never assemble a motor another way, when I re rung my JE with the dry method, my initial impressions were that my bike has never had power like this before.

And whenever the piston comes out of the cylinder, new rings, cylinder honing and dry rebuild method is needed as the minimum to get the rings to seat again.

Here it is if you wish to see:

Hone the cylinder (ball hone or brush hone) in soap/water. Clean out with break clean and paper towels until there is no black on the paper towels. I have a 3.5” ball hone in 180 grit.

Wash the piston/rings in soap/water, spray off with break clean and let air dry.

Install the rings on the piston. Use proper ring staggering - follow the manuals staggering method - Be really careful not to get any oil residue on the piston, rings, or cylinder. Keep your hands wahsed

Install one clip on the piston. - the right side one.

Install the piston on the rod, use a light coat of oil on the wrist pin only.

Install the other clip, be sure not to get any oil residue on piston/cylinder.

Install the piston in the cylinder. Compress the rings with your hands and very carefully install it. Be sure that the oil ring doesn't bend over.

With the motor together, and no crankcase oil rotate it 50 times. Then fill with oil and check all fluid levels

Do not start the bike until you intend to ride it. Start it up, let it warm up good, go ride it hard with engine breaking, this will ensure the ring seal.

On what Berm-saw said... The factory assembles these motors wet/ with oil -- with that method, the rings will never seat properly -- the motor will not run as strong as it should, and it will never be as clean as it should be inside. -- Without proper ring seal the motor can also smoke when cold if you give it some gas while warming up and can use oil.

The rings never seat properly on a new honda motor? Youve got to be kidding:bonk:

The rings never seat properly on a new honda motor? Youve got to be kidding:bonk:

they will seat right, just not as good if you would tear it down and install dry

i dont want to do anything to the motor right now, since im coming of a crf100 i dont need anymore power for now. once i get used to it i will probaly want more. so anything else sprockets, radiator braces, engine guards, skid plates?

I like the flatland racing rad guards, best out there in my opinion. The Flatland skid plates are also great. I have the Cycra stealth dx hand guards, they are the mx type so they do not wrap around.

how much do the hand guards help with roost? b/c that hurts when you get rocks hitting your knuckles and fingers.

I think they work great :worthy: I really like the build quality of the cycra guards. They are not the full wrap around ones, so you are safe on the MX track, and it helps you out in the bush as well. --- They have nice aluminum mounts that go onto the bars.

If you take a look in my garage you can see pics of them on the bike.

Personally I would never run full wrap around hand guards. Back at the beginning of the season an guy crashed at the local track, his arm went down into the hand guard and it totally messed it up, ambulance had to come :D

You are safe with the ones like I got, they can just bend out of the way :)

I think they work great :busted: I really like the build quality of the cycra guards. They are not the full wrap around ones, so you are safe on the MX track, and it helps you out in the bush as well. --- They have nice aluminum mounts that go onto the bars.

If you take a look in my garage you can see pics of them on the bike.

Personally I would never run full wrap around hand guards. Back at the beginning of the season an guy crashed at the local track, his arm went down into the hand guard and it totally messed it up, ambulance had to come :worthy:

You are safe with the ones like I got, they can just bend out of the way 👍

ok i think i will get those after the radiator braces and chain.

is there anything that i could get for under $40? also i will be getting quit abit of money for my conformation in october. im guessing like 300-400 bc i have a big family. so what could i get with that, that would help? thanks ik im asking alot.