1989 CR250-----No Idle jet?

Also when you pull the choke up on any bike I have worked on you can see the copper colored rod, and then it goes back down inside the carb when you take the choke off. On this bike, the copper rod is still visible when the choke is off, making it look like the choke is on. Is this normal?

I took another look at it today. The only way to keep it running is to give it some throttle. I turned the idle up and down and te only way it seemed to respond was when I turned it all the way to the slowest idle. It was a little easier to keep it running with the throttle but still not enough to be able to adjust the pilot air screw. It seems like it might be a rich pilot jet...but i still cant tell. The choke knob only pulls up a TINY bit and it looks like its stuck on at all times. It will stay up when you pull it but pressing it down only moves it down a small amount. Guess I'm gonna have to tear it down.

Very true. I'm no stranger to the two stroke, but its not my bike and I was told that the jetting was changed and incorrect.

PLus the bike runs strong, it just wont idle...and the choke knob is DEFINITELY messed up as I have stated above.