2006 Rm 250 motor problem HELP!!!!

ok where to start, I bought the bike a few weeks ago from a dealer, well ridden it for about 10 hours, the last weekend i ran outta gas, and has sit in the garage till today, put gas in it, change tranny oil, new spark plug and kicking and kicking, with and w/o choke, well i got tires after about 20 mins of kicking, so i push-started it. it started right up then, dang thing wont idle and coming back up the road it bogs and pushed it back into the garage, and put it on the stand, the started kicking it again, and when i kicked down, it swong my foot up and off the kick start and go back to kick again, it wont move at all,:D NO ClUe what to do about it ?

i have had 2 strokes for about 8 years, and 4 strokes for about 3, and not one bike has done it to me but this one,

do i just tear the motor down and buy a new piston, crank, exhaust valve ect.?????????????

i still have a 1997 with a piston that is 3 years old and ran atleast 6 times a week, and it still starts up in one to 3 kicks,

any help?

From what you have discribed it sounds like the engine has locked up, I think first pull the plug out and see if it will turn over, if not its time to pull the cylinder off.

Did you have the right fuel oil mixture in it in the first place?.

AS far as the thing not running right have you checked all the overflow pipes from the carby to see thay are not blocked or kinked.

Good luck

yea i was thinkin about that all night about getting a 265 kit, how much is it?,

idk if the guys up at the dealer did sumthin to it, but when i got it, i drained the gas, put new tranny fluid in it, cleaned the air filter, took the carb off and cleaned it.

• 4 weeks later...