09 YZ250's are there a lot on dealers floors?

I have an 09 yz 250 comming TOMOROW (8/17/08). I havent actually seen it yet. I ordered it from my dealer 2 months ago, as the Yamaha website said they would be available in June. I kept lurking through the posts on forumns and googling their arrival in the USA daily. I found a post somewhere here at TT that said they had arrived in California sometime last week. I got on the phone and had my dealer hunt one down for me (this was on Wednesday, 8/13/08). He said there were 4 of them scattered throughout my home state (Ohio), but nobody would give them up 'cause they were either sold in advance or promised to someone already. IDK how much stock I put into this one, BUT, he even told me one of them was promised to the owner of the dealerships daughter. I was like "your joking right?" and he said he asked the dude the same thing and was told "nope, an' she rips to." (LOL) Finally he pulled some strings and it was on the back of a truck from Chicago to his shop.

He said there are not many in the country as yet, but they are comming in. As to how many will come into the country I didnt ask. From my personal expierience, while looking at the dealerships in the Cleveland, OH and surrounding areas to buy it from, it seemed that most of them were going to have the 4-bangers on the floor and would have to order me a 2 stroke based on the sales figures vs. floor space.

I was supposed to recieve my bike on any day between Thurs-Sat, with sat being promised as the latest. But as it was a favor (and strings pulled) it was apparently not a high priority to get it here till the truck was full and a route established that dropped it off locally. Since the promise was broken and the dealer saw how bummed I was, he is throwing in 2 helmets (one for me and one for my girlfriend who rides a ttr 125). And is going to send his own truck to have it delivered Monday.

It is paid for in full, at a reputable dealership who have already given me the VIN #'s, so I know for a fact they are in the states NOW!!!

p.s. this is my first post at TT, I joined last night.. I have lurked around TT quite a bit over the years as a guest. "Thank you" guys for helping me get my bike ASAP. I f i didnt read that post here, iwould still be waiting till sept. to start harrasing my dealer to put one in my garage.

OH, and another thing. When they took me to the service dept to get mixing oils, talk about break-in, etc. The sales guy told a group of the dudes back there that I had bought a YZ 250, and they were like "oh you got a 250-f" and i said "UH no way, they can keep the damn F, I got the 2 stroke" . You should have seen their faces, first it was quite for a second, then I was their HERO!!

LOL! The 2 stroke still has a huge following, these guys love the 2 stroker!!!

One more thing. Sorry for hijacking the thread. I also read about the FMF stealth on TT. I'm assuming that it should boolt onto my '09 since nothing in that dept has really changed so I'm ordering it through TT with the discount and coupon i recieved from TT for joining. "thanks again guys". Anyone think of any reason this shouldnt be compatible with the '09?

thanks in advance...

it should fit fine, i dont think the subframe changed on the 09's which would cause the silencer not to fit. One thing about fmf, their fit isnt always the best. It can take some playing around with the pipe to get the silencer to fit right.

I will get some pics up and let ya'll know how it runs asap. I cant wait either.

And thanks for the welcome, and quick response.

Just placed my order for the Q Stealth. From the thread I read here, I'm sure I wont be dissapointed.

OH, and another thing. When they took me to the service dept to get mixing oils, talk about break-in, etc. The sales guy told a group of the dudes back there that I had bought a YZ 250, and they were like "oh you got a 250-f" and i said "UH no way, they can keep the damn F, I got the 2 stroke" . You should have seen their faces, first it was quite for a second, then I was their HERO!!

Get used to saying two stroke from now on.? It like it's some dirty little secret or something.:D Oh well, it's fun to show up on the trail with my MX 2 stroke and get some looks of disbelief.:worthy:

Enjoy your new ride. Congrats!

Get used to saying two stroke from now on.? It like it's some dirty little secret or something.:D Oh well, it's fun to show up on the trail with my MX 2 stroke and get some looks of disbelief.:worthy:

Enjoy your new ride. Congrats!

Thanks shrub, I cant wait!!!

I will get some pics up and let ya'll know how it runs asap. I cant wait either.

And thanks for the welcome, and quick response.

Just placed my order for the Q Stealth. From the thread I read here, I'm sure I wont be dissapointed.

The Stealth a really good choice. The lack of noise with it in place is amazing. If this pipe came out in the days when the two stroke was popular there would have been fistfights to get one.

Ever get behind a 4-stroke so loud you can't here you own bike?Im talking at a track,but i had to let him pull away.

This happens when i get behind my buds on the single track, seems like that damn 4t exhaust blasts right into my helmet don't much have a choice but to back off