Sign in to follow this  

trials bikes at the Endurocross

I just got back from the Guthrie, OK Endurocross - my first one (Ricky Dietrich squeaked by Damon Huffman for the win)

But what i really dug were the trials bikes ! One expert class dude (not even a pro) ran that little thing to 2nd in the dash for cash and i was so impressed!! Plus most of the trials guys looked like they were having fun

I want one ---- oh, i want an Endurocross track too, but that won't happen soon :)

Trials is a lot of fun. The good thing about trials is the techniques transfer to the other disciplines.

Watching the trials bikes at the E-cross last year (Denver and Las Vegas) sold me.

I went out and found my Beta.

Too bad they forced them into their own class. The "run what ya brung" format of the past years was lots more fun IMO.

Too bad they forced them into their own class. The "run what ya brung" format of the past years was lots more fun IMO.

So the enduro guys couldn't hang with the trials guys so are forcing them run in a separate class? What a bunch of pansy-wusses. Either that or frightened manufacturers putting pressure on sponsors and organizers! I always enjoyed seeing those trials machines wax the enduro-boys hides.

-John

So the enduro guys couldn't hang with the trials guys so are forcing them run in a separate class? What a bunch of pansy-wusses. Either that or frightened manufacturers putting pressure on sponsors and organizers! I always enjoyed seeing those trials machines wax the enduro-boys hides.

-John

Most people that have no connection with Trials have this pre-conceived notion that Trials is slow and boring, so it's fun to see the shock on their faces when confronted by a Trials Machine and rider in a non-Trials environment.

I always have to remind them that yes, in Miles per Hour, the bikes are slow but that's because of where they are riding. 5 MPH where we ride is 5 MPH faster than any other bike when the other bikes are stuck. 👍

Most people that have no connection with Trials have this pre-conceived notion that Trials is slow and boring, so it's fun to see the shock on their faces when confronted by a Trials Machine and rider in a non-Trials environment.

I always have to remind them that yes, in Miles per Hour, the bikes are slow but that's because of where they are riding. 5 MPH where we ride is 5 MPH faster than any other bike when the other bikes are stuck. 👍

Clearly the uninitiated have no apperciation for the term acceleration. We may not stay fast, but we certainly go fast. And in the end isn't it all about energy anyway? By the time you get to the top of a cliff face your potential energy will equal the kinetic energy of a motocross rider at top speed. Either type of energy will kill you.:worthy:

-John

I was thinking of Monty Python's Holy Grail "Bring out your Dead" skit with that one... 👍

I'm getting better.... I feeeel Happy! :worthy:

OK, back on my head...

I was thinking of Monty Python's Holy Grail "Bring out your Dead" skit with that one... :busted:

I'm getting better.... I feeeel Happy! :blah:

OK, back on my head...

Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate? :worthy:

Great movie! 👍

They grip it by the husk... 👍

And later in the movie, during another scene, did you notice the chicken with the coconut attached to it's leg. And I think I remember the guy holding the chicken and giving it a little toss as if to lauch it... There is so much stuff going on in the background in that movie that you'll find something new and outrageous every time you watch it...

Haha, I probably shouldn't be proud of it, but I can picture that exact scene!

There's always something good going on in the background. Like the old lady beating her cat against the wall to get the dust out of it.... lol

Who needs an off topic thread!!!