Sign in to follow this  

2007 TE-450 for 2009 TXC450 or 510???

I'm seliing my 2007 TE-450 so I can get on the list for one of those superfly 2009 TXC-450's. My question is should I go for broke & get the 510???. I might like to race it, but would want to race in a 30+, beginner class since I have not raced in 16 years. Would the 510 put me out of an easy 450 30+beginner class, or could I race it in the same beginner classes as the 450??? Please help. Is it going to be as good as the 459 on the tigter tracks??? I don't want a TC. I want the TXC, but I will run hare scrambles & mx.

I honestly think you will be faster on your TE than on a TXC. I say this because you are getting back into racing, and its gonna take you awhile to get back up to speed. The TE is mellower, less tiring, and not as edgy. Perfect for a new racer or a guy getting back into it. Just get your suspension done, put on a TC can, re-jet, and you have a GREAT race bike for your situation.

Even Scott Summers had to de-tune the 450TXC by lowering the compression for those slippery east coast GNCC events .

All that said--ive raced a TC/TXC hybrid 510 and i am addicted to the power. So if you are after that incredible motor, then heck yeah go get a new TXC510! And take some pics!! Dont ***** around with the 450. Go big--its your last hurrah (i say that as a balding guy with a beer gut). :)

The 510 is the top of the food chain.

You should also consider the smaller bikes. Lots of very fast riders are winning on the smaller bikes and rave about how much more fun they are and less tiring. I rode a 08 TE 250 with the Athena 300 kit and a properly tuned efi. The bike rocked! I thought the excelleration was nearly as strong as a YZ 250.

TXC450. Fantastic do it all bike with a motor to die for. Putt along like a XR200 or rip at pro level speeds, they choice is in your right hand.

jeez i agree with ride again,,,,this is getting boring!!!!!

The TXC450 is such a do all tool its just so cutting edge yet mellow, stable and easy to ride,,,and with a twist of the wrist she becomes untamed like all the 450s are for us mere mortals.

I have made the decision. As of today the TE is for sale. I put it on Craigslist. Seems like though when I search, it won't show me bikes from other cities. This worries me that buyers from other cities/states won't be able to search for & see my TE. Is that right? DO you have to go to a specific region to search for bikes from that region, or is there a way to pull them all up. Wife doesn't know it yet, but 2009 TXC-450, here I come!

Craigslist is regional only unless you go through some other sites that trick it. You have to search each region individually. It's a huge pain in the butt, but that's how they work.

Tommy