Sign in to follow this  

2003 yz 250f

I have a 2004 and have had no problems. i would say the 03' is just as good. its really a good bike if you take care of it. i would buy it.

how good are these bikes ? and what kind of problems do they have?

One of my son's has an '03. Refill the gas tank, change the oil & filter and check the valves once in a while. We did have a front fender get scratched up and it also turned white from creasing it during a crash.

The bike handles well and makes good power. I am about 210# and it gets me around pretty well. We rejetted it, o-ring mod and smaller leak jet.

I would say it is an exceptional bike in terms of reliability and performance even when stock.

I think tomorrow,i will be getting the 2003 yz 250f

congrats. you will like them, light, powerfull, too quick reving though. taller gearing fixed that for me and made it accelerate faster:p

all in all they are great bikes

Just picked up the bike,only paid a 1000.00 for it.needs 2 radiators and 2 new tires.It also needs some tires.I think i'm going to tear the whole bike apart and redo the frame,check and maybe change the bearings.It seems to already have susp.so i'm going to repack the head unit bearings ,change all the fluids in the susp and the engine.