Sign in to follow this  

SUSPENSION? cant get it right 190lb jumping

I enjoy tight bush tracks and large jumping though i keep getting bucked forwad on the larger jumps(landing more front wheel) ive dialed in several settings and just cant get it im 190lb jumping practise at 20mt any one doing this at myhttp://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

:) weight hows your settings? any feed back will help thanks.

have you got stiffer springs? If not, that's your biggest problem. Stock, the KLX is sprung for a ~150lb person, if you weigh 190lb, and want to hit big jumps, your springs are too soft.

Other than that, increase your rebound.

I am 210-215 lbs and the stock was way to soft for me. The stock ride is excellent but if you are over 150-160 lbs, it is a bit soft for heavy trail riding. I upgraded to 5.6 kg/mm at the back and .47 kg/mm in the front. It made a big improvement. Had to do a lot of changes in the rebound and compression damping. Finally have it set right and the trails are more fun now.

are you hitting the jumps at a steady speed ? if you are thats your problem , you have to blip the throttle a little to make the front end a little lite while you are leaving the jump, are the back end will kick up and put you on the ground face first, also your springs are way to soft for your weight. hope this helps.