Sign in to follow this  

07 kx250f valve adjustments

im wondering what the vale spacing should be for my valves to be still in spec also, what they should be shimmed to if they are out of spec. if anyone could help thanks.

It is, of course, the same measurements as always. They should be in this range no matter what.

Intake 0.1 -0.15 mm

exhaust 0.17-0.22

Here is another question. What type or combo of feeler gauges are you guys using???? Its tuff to get a set to really get a acurate measurement.I have one exhaust valve that is getting tight but seems to be just inside the min. required.Why dont they make a set with the complete range.

SKF makes a good one, you can get every 1/100 of a millimeter with it.

Not sure where to get it in the States though, maybe through some company that imports SKF bearings?

SKF is swedish short for "Swedish ballbearing factory"

Are the valve clearances for 2008 model the same? I have the 2006 manual and I ordered a 2008 manual (not in yet). Can someone check to see if they are the same for 2008?

I believe they are the same.You dont have the manual that came with your bike.??I know its in there. Boy i looked up that set of feeler gauges. $70.00 wow.......

The best stuff is never cheap:thumbsup:

Just order them at work, and then they mysteriously disappear:busted:

Hey Spin, you asked about feeler gauges in another thread a while ago, and I gave you the art.nr. then. So you should have known. Did you never get them the last time you needed them?

Art.no. 729865A

nope couldn't find them then.Ended up buying a set that sucks....