Sign in to follow this  

Hello

I have been looking at this site for a little while. I finally got my DR Z400 the other day. I got it from a guy I work with. He bought it new. It just got a new engine in it, per extended warranty!!! He said it was over $1900. It took forever they had to get parts from Japan... LOL. It it jetted and has the baffel removed form the exhaust. Has black SM headlight plastic and black side panels so it looks cool! It also got new sprockets and chain and new front tire. Also it has the cargo rack and brush gaurds. Also a clark i think 4 gallon tank. He also added a solar panel battery charger to it. Thats pretty neat I think.

where in missouri you at? I'm in extreme NE Oklahoma, so i'm closer to Joplin than most of the state of Missouri is...

I am at Fort Leonard Wood. Its at exit 161. Quite away from OK. Yea i really like the idea of the solar panel. Free trickle charger!

looks nice apart from the front wind shield? cant think of the name

I have been looking at this site for a little while. I finally got my DR Z400 the other day. I got it from a guy I work with. He bought it new. It just got a new engine in it, per extended warranty!!! He said it was over $1900. It took forever they had to get parts from Japan... LOL. It it jetted and has the baffel removed form the exhaust. Has black SM headlight plastic and black side panels so it looks cool! It also got new sprockets and chain and new front tire. Also it has the cargo rack and brush gaurds. Also a clark i think 4 gallon tank. He also added a solar panel battery charger to it. Thats pretty neat I think.

Do you know why the old engine was replaced?

I really like the bumblebee look apart from the windshield, I know some people sware by them. I think the wind in your face is an added benefit of owning a motorcycle.:) Nice bike and welcome to the DRZ world.

I think the old engine just wore out. The PO put a lot of highway miles on it. OD said like about 17000. But if you figgure in the 14% the spedo is off. 40 is really like 35, its like 19500. The windsheild is nice to block the wind, or rain lol. You can still get the wind in your face if you want to. I know have a suzuki gel seat that is all black that goes along with the black side panels.