Sign in to follow this  

get full throttle ON AN E MODEL

on the throttle wheel side of your fcr 39 there is a screw in pin that stops it getting full throttle with it in place you only get about 3/4 i have pics that i took but not sure howw to put them up any help

Is this just on the "E" or all bikes? Wonder why they put it on there in the first place??

My Carby is off, 39 mm fcr from a 2005 e model (just sold)

Checked it and it doesn't have this restriction. I can see a threaded hole for this to screw into, but has not got this restrictor.

The throttle stop screws primary purpose is to prevent turning the throttle wheel 'over center'. If this occurs, the throttle can jam, stuck at WOT and take you for quite a ride. On some bikes, the throttle stop is also used to prevent full power from being developed (government 'enhancement'). A shorter stop screw can be sourced to enable the slide to completely rise or you can cut your existing screw down (just enough to enable the slide to be flush with the top of the carb through at WOT).

Eddie, just to clarify, you meant my comment regarding the throttle stop from being a 'G'ment' requirement, correct?

Another question for you, are all throttle stop screws that allow full throttle the same on all FCR's?, basically all interchangeable?

has anyone removed the throttle stop and been stuck at WOT?

I need to remove mine, but it's a hell of a job to remove the carb and cut it down so that it matches WOT.