Sign in to follow this  

Saturday 8-16-08/broken Ankle

Fellow riders!!! I need your help. I was out riding yesterday 8-16-08 at Bartlett lake(Wildcat staging area) with my friend Robert. Unfortunately, he had gone down and what we thought was a broken ankle was a broken leg. I found a two guys to help me drive back to where my friend was and help me lift him into the truck. Since this was an argent issue, I had taken off my riding gear either at the crash location or by the truck of the two fellow riders who helped me. And I left it behind.(moose chest protector, blue and Grey camel back, and moose fanny pack) I am stabbing in the dark, but if anyone knows these to guys or if these guys are reading this post please contact me.

Dov 602-430-7994(cell) or pm me

I was riding a Ktm 450, my friend was riding a Honda 450x, the truck we had was a silver/Grey Toyota tundra. the two riders who helped were on Honda fourstokes, not sure of the were 250,450 x's or r's:confused:

BTW: he is ok, wont be riding for 6-8 weeks, but He has some shiny new titanium parts now. :)

Hope you find your stuff and freind has a quick recovery that gets hime back on the bike ASAP!!!

Damn Dover that sux. You should also post this on Arizona Trail Talk and Southwest Dirt Rider.

Good luck getting your stuff back and glad your buddy is ok. :)

I thank the guys that helped me get out of wildcat, my left leg is toast. I will be out for 3 month since my leg required surgery. A titanium rod was hammered into the large bone in my lower left leg. The rod was then set in place by Ti. screws at each end. The smaller bone in my left leg was broke in two places making 3 breaks total. The tech 8's were the only reason this was NOT a compound fracture. One of the guys that helped us (dov & I) was on an all white Honda 450R with the number "5" on all three sides. If any of you know the bike or the rider I would appreciate if Dov got his stuff returned. Both guys were younger than I I would say both in 22-25 years old or so. I needed the help and got it and I appreciate it, but it hurts more trying to figure out why someone would not return a pack with at least $100 dollars of tools in it..

I have my 450X for sale on craigslist, I don't want much for it. It would aid in paying the $5,000 I own the hospital out of pocket.

Thanks,

Rob

I thank the guys that helped me get out of wildcat, my left leg is toast. I will be out for 3 month since my leg required surgery. A titanium rod was hammered into the large bone in my lower left leg. The rod was then set in place by Ti. screws at each end. The smaller bone in my left leg was broke in two places making 3 breaks total. The tech 8's were the only reason this was NOT a compound fracture. One of the guys that helped us (dov & I) was on an all white Honda 450R with the number "5" on all three sides. If any of you know the bike or the rider I would appreciate if Dov got his stuff returned. Both guys were younger than I I would say both in 22-25 years old or so. I needed the help and got it and I appreciate it, but it hurts more trying to figure out why someone would not return a pack with at least $100 dollars of tools in it..

I have my 450X for sale on craigslist, I don't want much for it. It would aid in paying the $5,000 I own the hospital out of pocket.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob.........man sorry to hear about your accident. What happened....not that it matters, a broken leg is a broken leg, just curious. Tell the hospital you can only afford to make $100/mo payments or you can pay 2000...which do they want.

Keep the bike...you know you are going to want to get back out there.

As for the guys that helped.....they might not be members of any of the forums:excuseme: who knows......there are a lot of guys that ride that don't post online. Did Dov have any ID in the camelback or fanny pack?

Rob,

Sorry to hear about your accident as well your gear. I am out there a lot and was there last Sat morning with my kids riding in the staging area. I will probably be out there again this weekend hanging out in the staging area with my kids riding, so i will keep an eye open for a 450R with # 5 and ask around. I could post a notice on the kiosk if you like as well if you would like. If so, please PM me your contact info so I can have it on the notice.

Take care!

Clyde

Aye Brett,

It was a simple cross rutted front end wash out going down a small hill near the staging area. Low sided on the left, but I think my leg got wedged between the peg area and square side of the rut and the weight of the bike snapped it like a twigg..I tried to run the center of the rut, but got offline and I was standing so when I lost the front I went down hard. All I know is I knew it was broke, I just had no idea how severe..

I don't think Dov had any I.D. in the tool pack or camelback. I can tell you the tool pack was full of nice tools and whom ever has it should feel some sense of guilt holding onto it......Not to mention the fact that Dov had to pull my boot off since the hospital couldn't cut it. Talk about 1.. 2... 3... DO IT I YELLED as the nurses squeezed my broken leg and poor Dov had to yank the boot LOL!

Bummer!!!

I'm out there all the time and will also keep an eye out for the riders.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, so you can get back on that bike. Hey, if you're planning on selling that bike, Ewilly is looking for a good deal on a 450x:thinking:

Wow

Sorry to hear about your leg & your bike. Hope everything is going to be ok.

Don't worry about the hospital bill. They will take any kind of payment as long as you make a monthly payment. I curently have 3 or 4 Hospital ER visits I am paying around $20 - $30 on each month.

I crash alot.👍

Again I hope you heal well & soon. Hopefully you wont have to sell the bike:thumbsup:

Dr 400 - I sent you a Pm and I'm just checking to see if you are still selling your X? Let me know if you are - I didn't see any on CL that said anything about being laid down.

EW

What's up Doc?? Sorry about the leg. I can appreciate the boot removal, do it all the time in ski patrol. See that injury a lot too! Good luck with recovery!

Dr 400 - I sent you a Pm and I'm just checking to see if you are still selling your X? Let me know if you are - I didn't see any on CL that said anything about being laid down.

EW

I'm not sure what that means "laid down"?? That term is usually reserved for street bikes that have been dropped on asphalt. Yes I fell and broke my leg, but it wasn't on the street and no worse than any other dirt bike crash in the dirt. The bike is on craigslist under 2006 honda 450x, my wife has your number and will call you when she is not busy..

I want no part in the transaction as the pain I'm in leaves me no room to stand and talk about anything very long.

The price is $3,900 obo the bike has been ridden, the plastics are far from perfect. Mechanically the bike is top notch, I change the oils, I've greased all points and just checked the valves. Forks were torn down and have 14 minutes on them, brand new rear tire and needs nothing really unless you want it to look pretty. To make her pretty you would have to go out and buy new plastics, but that's up to the new owner. I have nor had no intention on replacing the plastics and it will not be a factor in price. I may go down a little for other reasons, but not the pretty factor..

Thanks and good day

Rob

Thanks Rob - I did find that post and had seen it previously! The bike looks like it is setup real good! I am trying to come up with the difference between the value of my XRR and stepping up to the 450.

I hope your recovery is coming along well and I will let you know if and when I have all the cash if you still have the bike!

THX, EW

Heal soon! I've been a medical lab rat since 2005 at the Mayo clinic and other hospitals across the country where they (Mayo Clinic) didn't take any medical insurance and walked away with a $11,000 bill years ago. They knocked off $5000 after I pleaded with them (long story short). I read their mission statement and used that against the 11k bill. Most hospitals will do the same especially if you don't have insurance. I'm waiting for the bill from last week on a $6k PET scan....UGH!

thanks to all the members who responded and are willing to ask around looking for my gear. I hope I can find these guys and thank them for helping.(also get my gear back) I was out there Saturday morning just sitting in my truck looking for the two guys but they never popped up. Its hard to just sit there and watch everyone ride..lol...could only stand about 2hrs. 👍